My ukulele pop-song

Tasty-Tom

Reaction score
Hey guys. I just wanted to share with you a popish song that i made last year on the fly really.
It's not your typical ukulele-strumming song because I'm not really a ukulele player, it has more of a guitar type of playing but it turned out cool i think.

Everything is made by me(the drumming is programmed) except the singing which was done by a friend of mine. The lyrics are Norwegian so you'll have to excuse that :)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=1112004&songID=9747244

Please tell me what you think both soundwise and songwise.

Bear in mind that I'm no skilled musician(the guitar solo)

Very very cool!! Sound quality is good, the vocals are great even though I cant understand them ;) the uke playing is great, and thats some of the best computer drum beats I've ever heard. I can never get drum beats to work out right. The solo is great, but maybe a bit abrupt on the ending? Maybe a fade effect on the end of that track? Just a thought :) overall very very VERY cool and professional sounding.

Aloha Tasty-Tom,
Welcome to the UU and our forums....have fun and enjoy....that was superb...the playing and the vocals too...wow..like phil says, even I didn't understand it, it sounds pleasing and enjoyable...Happy Strummings
MM Stan..

Thank you for kind words. I can add that I used a Ohana CK75c ukulele recorded with a sm57 mic. I think it makes it sound kind of scooped but I guess it sounds okay in a mix.
philpot: The drums are Superior Drummer 2. I just found a preset that fitted the song just perfectly, makes it sound very poppish and well produced. Normally i play metal so this was a very different project for me.

This is a ridiculously cute song. I really like your friend's voice and how well the instrumentals fit the poppy tone.

Pretty fantastic! Did you write the melody as well?

I wrote absolutely everything :) Thank very much for kind words! It inspires me to make an english version... only problem is that the singer is 8 months pregnant or something. I have more songs but no vocals... I will try to arrange something during this summer maybe

Top Bottom