PDA

View Full Version : My ukulele pop-song

Tasty-Tom
04-15-2011, 06:35 AM
Hey guys. I just wanted to share with you a popish song that i made last year on the fly really.
It's not your typical ukulele-strumming song because I'm not really a ukulele player, it has more of a guitar type of playing but it turned out cool i think.

Everything is made by me(the drumming is programmed) except the singing which was done by a friend of mine. The lyrics are Norwegian so you'll have to excuse that :)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=1112004&songID=9747244

Please tell me what you think both soundwise and songwise.

Bear in mind that I'm no skilled musician(the guitar solo)

philpot
04-15-2011, 07:08 AM
Very very cool!! Sound quality is good, the vocals are great even though I cant understand them ;) the uke playing is great, and thats some of the best computer drum beats I've ever heard. I can never get drum beats to work out right. The solo is great, but maybe a bit abrupt on the ending? Maybe a fade effect on the end of that track? Just a thought :) overall very very VERY cool and professional sounding.

mm stan
04-15-2011, 08:58 AM
Aloha Tasty-Tom,
Welcome to the UU and our forums....have fun and enjoy....that was superb...the playing and the vocals too...wow..like phil says, even I didn't understand it, it sounds pleasing and enjoyable...Happy Strummings
MM Stan..

Tasty-Tom
04-15-2011, 10:42 AM
Thank you for kind words. I can add that I used a Ohana CK75c ukulele recorded with a sm57 mic. I think it makes it sound kind of scooped but I guess it sounds okay in a mix.
philpot: The drums are Superior Drummer 2. I just found a preset that fitted the song just perfectly, makes it sound very poppish and well produced. Normally i play metal so this was a very different project for me.

arisuki
04-27-2011, 06:25 PM
This is a ridiculously cute song. I really like your friend's voice and how well the instrumentals fit the poppy tone.

fitncrafty
04-28-2011, 01:25 AM
Very nice song, even though I can't understand the lyrics. Catchy music and great sounding vocals..

The Epigrammic Poultry
04-30-2011, 02:19 PM
Pretty fantastic! Did you write the melody as well?

Tasty-Tom
05-26-2011, 02:48 PM
I wrote absolutely everything :) Thank very much for kind words! It inspires me to make an english version... only problem is that the singer is 8 months pregnant or something. I have more songs but no vocals... I will try to arrange something during this summer maybe