Bad news for your UAS

Lanark

Reaction score
My wife mentioned this to me a while back but there wasn't anything I was really looking at at the time.

It seems that Windows Live Search and Ebay have a cashback deal going for "buy it now" purchases.

If you find your item through Live Search and buy it within the hour they'll give you a percentage of it as cashback. This morning it was 20%. You do have to have (or sign up for) some kind of Live Search account deal (I already have a Hotmail account and a Zune ID, so I was all set.)

When all is said and done I should be getting back a cool hundred off a "Buy-It-Now" for a ten year old Koaloha Concert that I realized I really really needed this morning when I came across it on Ebay. (& it was a bargain to begin with) But I really really needed it . It was crying out for me from the pictures like it was standing next to Sally Struthers or something. I had to help it find a good home (translation : mine).

After the initial guilt of making a large purchase wore off (even though I got the Ok from the lovely wife) I thought that I ought to pass this on. Spread the love and the UAS You've got nothing to lose but your laminates.

how long will it take to get the cash back? i've got a few things picked out! you're a bad man by the way.

The FAQ says up to 60 days. But I don't know what the actual turn around is since I just gave it a whirl this morning. (You should try plowing through the info and conditions yourself though, it's all laid out there and I'd hate steer folks wrong if I misread something.)

My thing from this morning hasn't shown up on my account yet as "pending", but I think that they need to get some kind of confirmation from the seller that the transaction completed before they Ok the cashback. (It's still pretty early in the morning for Hawaii where the Koaloha is, so I'm not sweating it.)

And I was fully aware just how bad I'm being by passing this info on, but if I'm going down with UAS I'm sure as hell going to bring someone else down with me as long as I'm headed that way.

Do you have any info on the E-bay and Windows Live Search agreement? I too have a Hotmail account but can't find E-bay listed in their list of stores.

what I did was log in and then there was just under the main banner a link that said "web" (just right of the green cashback text).

when you click that it brought up another search field. there I typed "ukulele" and i got some ebay link.

http://0.r.msn.com/?ld=2veITWPav3wX...GCBON93c92hagFRV/x+pFCwXwSE9HDGcyITvzQWaF8EYL

also, after i got to that link above, i had a banner on the top that said "Buy It Now with PayPal and you may get cashback. See conditions"

here are the conditions:
http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html?_trksid=m37

i still haven't figured out if i will get anything or not...i kinda let off the trigger.

I don't get it. LOL I want money back.

i hate you for posting this

but love you so very much, all the same.

Yeah, too bad I didn't know about this before buying my KoAloha Tenor from MGM a couple of weeks ago. Oh well, who knows? Maybe it's time for Fluke or something in a Concert size!:D

Lanark, I saw that KoAloha Concert last night. Good grab!

Last edited:
Lanark, I saw that KoAloha Concert last night. Good grab!

It was hard to resist. Ten years old with a koa neck and before they started using the musubi soundhole. (Plus you almost never see used Koalohas for sale.) I had to jump.

I was looking at the pictures again it looks like the front and back are one solid piece of koa. Not bookmatched. The grain just seems to flow across the back. It's definitely got the mojo and looks like a player.

She said she'd try and get it shipped tomorrow so with luck I should be plunking away on it by week's end.

It was hard to resist. Ten years old with a koa neck and before they started using the musubi soundhole. (Plus you almost never see used Koalohas for sale.) I had to jump.

I was looking at the pictures again it looks like the front and back are one solid piece of koa. Not bookmatched. The grain just seems to flow across the back. It's definitely got the mojo and looks like a player.

She said she'd try and get it shipped tomorrow so with luck I should be plunking away on it by week's end.

I agree with you on the back. I actually didn't like it that much. Then after looking a few more times, I changed my mind. It's actually quite unique. Please post pictures when you get it. Lucky for you I wasn't looking for any new Koa!:D

Ten years old with a koa neck and before they started using the musubi soundhole.
Would you mind putting up a picture for our education? I would like to be educated on the details of a ten year old Koaloha ;)

...Lucky for you I wasn't looking for any new Koa!:D

Hey, neither was I...

Anyhoo, the original auction is here for anyone interested in having a look at the listing.
The more I look the more excited I get. My only concern is the wear on the fret board, but it also means that someone really enjoyed playing this one a lot.

I'll take a ton of pictures when it comes. It looks like KoAloha tweaked a lot of details to get to their current production model. Soundhole. The scalloping at the end of the fret board. the heel etc..

Yep, thats the one! Nice uke! And thanks again for the excuse to spend money. I just bought a Surf Tenor Fluke! I was able to use my 10% E-bay coupon along with the 20% cash back, so I got this thing for $231 out the door.

I got my Cashback email today. I'm pending.

So there's a hundred bucks right off the top of the Koaloha. A major bargain if it is all it looks like it's cracked up to be.

thanks Bill Gates.

Well, I guess the deal with E-bay is done.:( Maybe it's better that way, I was getting ready to spend more money!

Top Bottom