Aquila Strings Packaged Wrong

BBQUKER

Reaction score
Have some Aquila tenor low wound G that had the C and A strings in the wrong package. Good thing I noticed a different diameter upon visual inspection. Has this ever happened to anyone?

Dan
Sole member of the Wis Rapids Ukulele Club

I just removed a set of Aquila soprano strings, they were a bit wonky and made the Honeybee sound dead. Replaced them with Fremont and she sounds like a million dollars again.

I just removed a set of Aquila soprano strings, they were a bit wonky and made the Honeybee sound dead. Replaced them with Fremont and she sounds like a million dollars again.

Aloha Susie,
Isn't the Fremonts high tension strings??? I prefer thin low tension strings...I bought Koo' lau alohi for my Honeybee...be intresting when I get them on...had them on a Nahe Nahe, Martin Copy and they sounded
sweet.. that doesn't mean it will sound good on any uke...but I will give it a try on the honeybee...

I don't care for Aquilas on the sopranos I build either. And while the Fremonts will make anything loud and bright, I found the tension to be too hard and the string diameter too narrow for comfortable playing. For sopranos, I'm sold on the Martin fluorocarbons (soprano/concert--same size fits both)

Top Bottom