UKE CHAT Update

pdxuke

Reaction score
Hi Friends:

No official Uke Chat this week, but I'm excited that I've found an alternative to my current setup (thanks Ryan!) that will allow me to keep UkeChat going, with video too, when needed.

Instead of blogtalkradio, I'll be streaming shows live at USTREAM. The shows will be archived there s well, and I'll also be able to archive them as mp3s on the up and coming UkeChat website (where all the chats in all formats will live.) So, you'll still be able to listen live or after the fact.

The call in feature will change slightly. At first, you'll need a skype account to call in--the good news, it's free; the bad news, you really can't do so with dial up Internet, you need DSL or cable broadband. Guests can still be interviewed by regular old phone or cell phone, because I can call out. Eventually, if the listening audience increases and demand warrants, I can add a feature to Skype that will permit me to receive calls.

USTREAM is a very cool Interface; I can broadcast audio only, skype, screen shots, film clips, audio clips, still photos, and live, on camera. It opens up the potential of the show, and that will continue to make it dynamic and fun for me--and not a chore :)

So stay tuned. I may come on the forum from time to time asking if you're not busy you tune in to help me test this new system. In the meantime, I'm migrating the current ukechat episodes over to USTREAM:
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ukechat

Thanks for all your support. I'm looking forward to lots of talk about the uke with you and special guests in the near future!

I am glad you are going forward with the show. There are so many subjects to cover related to the ukulele. Beside ukuleles themselves, there are cases, music books, tuning variations, festivals and workshops, starting a uke group, gigging, humidifiers, tuners, performers, straps, capos and picks, adjusting the nut and bridge, uke storage and care...

Looking forward to the next episode.

–Lori

I am glad you are going forward with the show. There are so many subjects to cover related to the ukulele. Beside ukuleles themselves, there are cases, music books, tuning variations, festivals and workshops, starting a uke group, gigging, humidifiers, tuners, performers, straps, capos and picks, adjusting the nut and bridge, uke storage and care...

Looking forward to the next episode.

–Lori

Thanks Lori. I'll do it as long as it stays fun! :) Looking forward to having you on the show.

I just wanted to pop in to say I have really been enjoying the show!
I have a pretty long commute to and from work everyday and even if I can't be playing my uke while I'm driving,
it's fun to be listening to folks chatting about the uke!

Thanks for keeping the show going...I have enjoyed all of the episodes. Haven't been able to listen live, so I'm glad the download option will continue.

Added link to my favorites! :D
Hoping to be able to listen overseas!
Thanks for all the hard work!

I really enjoy the show as well. I was pretty dissapointed today when I turned on my iPod and realized I didn't have a new show from the weekend. I really appreiciate the effort you have taken to provide this to the uke community.

Haven't made it for a live broadcast, but really enjoyed listening to past shows. Keep up the good work, I can only imagine that your show will grow in time as you build an audience. Looking forward to hearing more.

Thanks for the update, Thom! Looking forward to new shows and to the new site. Uke Chat's a great resource, and it's entertaining as well! Hip hip, hoo-Uke Chat!!

Top Bottom