Anue-nue "Vision 1879" vintage Nunes reproduction teaser

Aloha Mickey,
Nice uke and nice sound...just the price..a little high is my concerns..Sorry, man......Happy Strummings..MM Stan

Aloha Mickey,
Nice uke and nice sound...just the price..a little high is my concerns..Sorry, man......Happy Strummings..MM Stan

The body is solid Hawaiian Koa and the uke has the PegHeds tuners, Koa saddle and nut, the vintage-style hardshell case is included in the price. In all, the quality is first-rate and with the case, for a solid Koa uke, it is really quite reasonable.

I'm not a particularly advanced player but I wanted to buy a soprano uke and went over the the semi-local store where I played 5-8 sopranos in the $150-400 range including the Ohana SK-38 and I have to tell you that the 1879 was head and shoulders above all of the others. Of course it's a beautiful instruement (matched koa front and back) but the tone and sustain were incredible. Yeah it's not cheap but in this case you get what you pay for.

I own four Anuenue's now (not including the 1879), and I've been very happy with each. If they only made a long-neck version of this, I'd be all over it. :p

-Dave/Chap

Top Bottom