lookit lil' Lester

Tudorp

Big guy with a lil' uke..
UU VIP
Reaction score
Suminz differnt

P1040145.jpg

Did you put the trapezoid fret markers on?

Changed the strings the 1st day. But, Phart got it.. I put Traps on it..

Wow, I guess I assumed the trapzoids were on it already. The mahalo version does.
Funny

Yeah, I know.. That was my only disapointment with Epiphone. They should have put the traps on it like their prototype did. I know it was a "cost effectiveness" thing because they were trying to keep the price point where it hit the market at. But, The other hit the price point with the traps. It may not be as "nice" of an instrument maybe, but I can not say that for sure either, because I have not compared it to the Mahalo as far as the "instrument" goes. I just think Epi should have done it, seeing it is a iconic "Les Paul" thang, and even the one that doesn't get to bare his name got it..

Just sayin, Epiphone? Ya listening?

Aloha Tudorp,
Noticed it right away, How much did they cost and where did you get them....Thanks for sharing...looks so much how it should now..cool...

Aloha Tudorp,
Noticed it right away, How much did they cost and where did you get them....Thanks for sharing...looks so much how it should now..cool...

Brutha Stan. These are just trap stickers. I bought some of those inlay stickers ya see on the Bay. I had to cut them to fit, because they were full sized, but it worked out. Didn't get them as straight as I hoped tho. I should have taken the strings off to apply them. But, they come off easy enough. After I do some stuff with the LP that I want to do with it, I may see what it would cost to have actual inlays put in. Might be more than it's worth tho. The stickers are thin, but they are still just stickers, and as much blues as I play with bends, hammer on/offs, not sure if the stickers will last long anyway. They grab my finger on bends... Bummer. But, it looks cool until I can do some permanent inlays on it. I should try to do some inlay work myself though. I know I can do it, just kinda intimidated to take it on yet..

By the way, that Acacia Tenor is listed on ebay now, $1 starting bid, no reserve if anyone want's to watch it, pm me for the link. I don't want to put the link here because it might be looked at as solicitation, or a "for Sale" add..

Love those fret markers. I can't stand dot inlays xP I'm (hopefully) buying an epi SG soon, and I refuse to get one that doesn't have the block inlay. dots don't cut it.

Love those fret markers. I can't stand dot inlays xP I'm (hopefully) buying an epi SG soon, and I refuse to get one that doesn't have the block inlay. dots don't cut it.

lol.. They are cool. They just scream Gibson. Just like the Shark tooth inlay screams Rickenbacker. But, I do like just plain ol Dot inlays myself. I just wanted traps on the LP Uke, because it screams Les Paul. The funny thing is I have 3 Les Pauls in the house not counting the uke, (1 Gibson, 2 Epiphone) and none of them have the traps, so I wanted my 4th, being the Les Paul Uke to sport them.. lol..

lol.. They are cool. They just scream Gibson. Just like the Shark tooth inlay screams Rickenbacker. But, I do like just plain ol Dot inlays myself. I just wanted traps on the LP Uke, because it screams Les Paul. The funny thing is I have 3 Les Pauls in the house not counting the uke, (1 Gibson, 2 Epiphone) and none of them have the traps, so I wanted my 4th, being the Les Paul Uke to sport them.. lol..

To each his own ^.^ I just love inlay, and they look so dang awesome, especially on Gibson style guitars.

To each his own ^.^ I just love inlay, and they look so dang awesome, especially on Gibson style guitars.

All my Les Pauls are Studios, even the Gibson. I prefer them because they are awesome Les Pauls, solid mahogany, but they are subtle looking without all the lipstick. Concentrating on just a kick ass bluesy rockin axe. I love my Gibson, and love playing. Well, only when my daughter is in school. That seems to be the only time it's not in her hands so I can have some time with him.. lol
P1040143.jpg

All my Les Pauls are Studios, even the Gibson. I prefer them because they are awesome Les Pauls, solid mahogany, but they are subtle looking without all the lipstick. Concentrating on just a kick ass bluesy rockin axe. I love my Gibson, and love playing. Well, only when my daughter is in school. That seems to be the only time it's not in her hands so I can have some time with him.. lol

I wouldn't let that thing go either if I had one in the house ;) my dad would never get it back ;)

Top Bottom