Solid Acacia Koa Tenor for sale..

Tudorp

Big guy with a lil' uke..
UU VIP
Reaction score
It's on Ebay, but also for sale directly. I have to get $250 for it with a hard case included. If someone wants to BIN, I will close the auction out. Here is the Ebay link..

To buy and stop auction, it would have to be bought before the clock reached 24 hours left on auction. I will also stop it and hold it with a deposit, if ya need some time to gather funds. My email address is: rahuguley@comcast.net

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250805597453&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

P1040116.jpg

Last edited:
It is Acacia, which is a cousin of Koa. It is not Hawaiian Koa. Koa and Acacia are from the same species. Acacia is being used more and more because Koa is becoming more and more scarce and expensive to use.

Yes, this is one of them I was looking at to get over here. We are still working on a price for some of his Cutaways in one picture I posted of those.. We haven't reached that yet. These are a few I got to take a look at his work. The cutaways, and other stuff is coming eventually when we settle on terms.

Sound is very nice. Warm, and plenty loud. I have a sound sample I posted in the regular forums. If you can't find it, let me know and I will post it again here..

Last edited:
Very nice Uke!
Must..hold back..UAS...

Very nice Uke!
Must..hold back..UAS...

No, you.. must.. not... hold.. back.. UAS... Can... Cause... brain.. hemorage... lol.. I need to turn these around so I can continue to act on my UAS... hahhah

For what it's worth, using the word "koa" in your listing is probably a little misleading unless the wood is actually koa. Koa is one type of wood from a family of woods known as acacia. Calling a non-koa acacia wood "acacia koa" is like calling a Ford Focus a "Ford Mustang." A Ford, yes, but a Mustang not so much. Just trying to be helpful.

I had read the thread educating on Koa. I fully understand the concept actually. I knew that Koa was Acacia, and that it was a species, but did not fully understand "Koa". I will have to remove the word "koa" from my future references concerning these ukes, now that I actually understand the term. My apologies for anything that was misleading. I have been known all my life for being honest, with 2nd to none business ethics. To any native Hawaiian, I also fully understanding preservation of a culture, and my apologies for any offensive ignorance I might have displayed. My understanding was wrong, that I had thought Koa was the family name for Acacia.

Last edited:
Tudorp,

Really lovely instrument and I wish you great success with your business venture. Are these ukuleles imported from Taiwan? I only ask because your eBay listing states that they are being brought over from "over the pond" which, to any true Beatle fan means one place, and one place only. Just thought that I would mention that for future listings.

Good luck with your auction!

Tudorp,

Really lovely instrument and I wish you great success with your business venture. Are these ukuleles imported from Taiwan? I only ask because your eBay listing states that they are being brought over from "over the pond" which, to any true Beatle fan means one place, and one place only. Just thought that I would mention that for future listings.

Good luck with your auction!

No.. they are coming from Vietnam. We always refered to over the pond meaning accross the Alantic. When I served in Germany, we also refered to it as "The Pond" or "The Puddle" even, lol..

But yeah, I do think that term was coined during the Brittish Invasion over here in the States...

Top Bottom