Need help from amplified uke players!

Lori

Uke Crazy
UU VIP
Reaction score
Hi all!
There has seemed to be increased interest in using straps on the amp jack of ukuleles. Standard straps with strap button holes do not fit these set-ups. I would like to make a custom accessory for the Uke Leash that will work with most of these amped ukes. What I need from you all, is to get the diameter that is needed for each kind of ukulele amp jack system. If you have calibers for the measurement, that would be ideal. If you have strap with hole that is working for your set up, you could just measure that hole. So, please give me the brand/ model of your amp system along with the diameter for the hole. If there are any other details you can provide, like if there is a wider section that might act as a lip to prevent the strap from coming off the amp jack, that would be great.

Many Thanks,
Lori

Aloha Lori,
I have my Mele with a Fishman Prefix Pro and it is 5/8" too..

Have a few others..Risa stick, Captain backpacker, and Mainland Honeybee too..if you want those too..jus ask... MM Stan

Last edited:
You've hit on a problem that needs a cure Lori. I have a Mi-Si and even after working over the hole a couple of times on my 'ole standard mando strap to fit over the larger button it still will pop off unexpectedly.

I haven't spent any time looking for a strap designed to work with a pickup button but I'd bite if one was placed in front of me.

Good luck.

Aloha Lori,
I have my Mele with a Fishman Prefix Pro and it is 5/8" too..

Have a few others..Risa stick, Captain backpacker, and Mainland Honeybee too..if you want those too..jus ask... MM Stan

Thanks mm stan! Any info you have on different sizes and types would be very helpful.

If any of you are able to post a detail photo of the different types, that would be great!

Thanks for the feedback FreakyBob. I was starting to think from the lack of responses that there isn't really a need for this product. I need to weigh the cost of creating a new item verses demand, and a new die involves an investment that is sizable. If I only sell 40, I will lose money.

So here's your chance amped ukers. Is this a product you need/ want?

–Lori

You can buy a leather hole punch at an arts and crafts store (I got a set on line) and enlarge the hole of a strap to accommodate the endpin jack. I enlarge the holes on all my guitar straps for my acoustic-electric guitars which have Fishman or LR Baggs (MiSi) endpin jacks.

You can buy a leather hole punch at an arts and crafts store (I got a set on line) and enlarge the hole of a strap to accommodate the endpin jack. I enlarge the holes on all my guitar straps for my acoustic-electric guitars which have Fishman or LR Baggs (MiSi) endpin jacks.

I have tried enlarging the hole on my Uke Leash Strap Button Adapter, but fear that the leather around the hole will be too weak if the hole is enlarged that much. I would need to modify the taper so the hole could be properly supported, since that area will get a lot of stress. I have one 1/2 inch hole punch that I have experimented a bit with. I suppose if I didn't get very many orders, I could just cut them out by hand, but I am concerned about it looking professional.

–Lori

I have a MiSi on my Nalu and the mandolin strap by Neotech fits well.

My Lanikai ck-teq has a stock p/u with a 5/8" jack as well as my Kala archtop. It seems 5/8" is the common diameter for endpin jacks.

Top Bottom