M.I.A topics etc

UKESTAR

Reaction score
Because this is really the first forum I have ever been a part of, I am not sure what the typical layout is. While the UU site is great, I have this problem.

1. Either the "same" topics show up over and over again as "new" threads
(I was guilty of this one with "strings", for example)

or

2. It takes forever to locate a thread or post that I found interesting 3 weeks ago because I did not write the title of it down...

Any solution to these? Am I missing a "forum navigation technique" or something?

Again, great work on the UU site regardless...

hahaha, these are problems on every forum. ive been part of many. and am still currently part of many. matter of fact, ive been a moderator of two of them.

the answer to both of your questions is the "search" feature.

up top, in red, there is a button to search for certain words.

for example, if you were to search for "aquila strings", there is actually only one topic TITLE with that. but there are about 8 other threads that has some information on aquila strings in them. and much of that is pretty good info.

so a little research before posting a new thread will help avoid repetetive new posts on topics that have been continually discussed. and the same feature will help you find information in old threads that may have misleading topic titles.

ya, usually forums have a topic that's stickied at the top saying "Read before you post" which includes using the search feature and what not. even with that, people still post duplicate threads and they usually get a reply with a link to an existing thread.

haha yea i do that sometimes. i posted a string thread earlier without searching for one!:p but yea i posted something earlier and don't remember what thread it was in. we should get like a view recent posts button in our control panel or sumtin

there is one. right next to the search button hahaha. just to the left of it you will see a "new posts" button. that will bring up all the posts made since your last visit.

wow...haha i'm smart i've used forums hundreds of times before and this one is kinda different. thanks nuke. haha

Top Bottom