Hello all!

rayj1290

Reaction score
I just purchased a kala koa concert w/ solid cedar top from musicguymic.
I have been reading on here for the past couple weeks and now I am officially a member! I can't wait for it to come in!!

haha :D
congrats on the new ukulele
how much did it cost?

I don't have a cedar top but I have an electric uke with a cedar body, and loves da cedar. Doesn't MGM say that's his favorite Kala? It should sound sweet. :)

with shipping and a hard case its around 250. im super excited!

congrats and welcome aboard. all i have to say is that it could be bad news.... 1 uke now could later turn to many more in the future. this might be your first case of UAS :eek: jk :D

Welcome. I hope you enjoy your new ukulele.

IT FINALLY CAME IN!! So so beautiful (pics later).. but sadly I do not know how to play it yet... I am such a n00b! But I have been playin around with it tonight and I am already in love!!

Three little chords, C, F, and G......thats all you need to play most old rock and roll songs. Enjoy your new baby. Check out cordie.com it's a great site for lots of songs in chords and tabs, and ezfolk.com has a great uke area that will teach you about reading tab, plus a lot more. Watch out for UAS, it happens fast when you're not looking and can take the food outta your mouth and the rent money outta your wallet. (I picked up my first uke in January.....I now own ten of the little darlings.)
Welcome to the madness.........

Congratulations!! Those cedar tops Kalas are beautiful :)
Lovely tone - it will make you want to keep playing.
Good luck with it!!

IT FINALLY CAME IN!! So so beautiful (pics later).. but sadly I do not know how to play it yet... I am such a n00b! But I have been playin around with it tonight and I am already in love!!

no worries -- you've got plenty of time to learn, and you found the right place to do it!

you'll probably spend more time tuning at this point anyways, so likely you'll need THIS THREAD

have fun!

Yea I'm having to tune it more than anything right now but I expected that. It came with a book full of chords. And my dad plays guitar so he is really helpful haha. I think he loves it just as much as I do cause he keeps playing it! I see another uke in the family real soon.

Sorry: it was all a trick to make you want to buy more ukes. One is never enough. Now you're hooked! Soon you'll have dozens....

Bwaaah ha ha ha ha!

Top Bottom