Ebays is firghting s they cannot get me on for some reson after move

MGM

Reaction score
tHEY SAY THEY NEEDeD MY AOL ACCOIUNT TO FIX ITa ND THEY HAVE TraIED UNTIL AOL FAILD BUT HAVE NOT GOTTEN ME A SATIFAACTORY REaSoIN WHY IT KEEPS SHUTIIN DOWM now Paypal is shutt down also. i al ready to explode.... its all because of password defects. How can i even answer emails when i cant open aol.

That sucks. I hope it gets resolved ASAP. Good luck.

okay, so what i got out of it is that u could not log into ebay.
and they coulnd provide any reason why, also now u cant log on to paypal and aol.

did u install any downloaded software / opened untrusted email / ...
too me this sounds like u got a keylogger on your machine and got your password stolen.

i am just guessing tho. maybe more info will clear things up.

:/ hope u get the accounts up and running again tiki.

MGM - I ordered item #330550769395 from eBay on 4/7. I've emailed you, sent you messages via eBay and PayPal. What exactly is going on with my order??

If you are using free AOL, you won't get much help from them. I had some problems when I got my new computer, and ended up removing my existing AOL and installing a new, updated version I got at Office Depot or someplace and started over with my passwords, screen name, etc.

Double Ouch.... dang, Mike. I truly hope those AOL and Paypal issues get fixed very soon. I know you depend on emails and PayPal for your online business. You might need to call eBay (PayPal) and AOL to resolve the login issues. best wishes....

Mic, I purchased a uke on eBay on April 6. You acknowledged payment on the 7th, but I haven't heard anything since. I tried calling the new number a few times, but it goes to a service recording that says you haven't setup voicemail yet. It's odd because some people purchasing after us have reported receiveing their ukes. Besides this, I've always had great service from you.

MGM, please PM me if you read this. If the move or health issues are causing delays, please let me know and I'll be patient.

I have had moments try fixed only to break 1o minutes later i have benn on ohone with aol ebay and paypal none can give an aswer I been on phone with then for hours from 1 to 1 am until 8 in morning to ytry and solve it they have no aswer yet as for my hone it is so new i havent even figured out hoew to answer much less test and email....OIf you are ot gettting answers its because i can even get in eaol to se the questions, uggghhhh hard to sen stuff when i dont even know what what was ordred

Mike, I am sure that neither ebay nor Paypal would want to lose you as a customer. Keep trying dude--it will pay off. Hang in there. You're the man!!!!!

OK, now I know why the Halekoa uke I bought from you is still in Hawaii!

I PayPal-ed you on Thursday at 4:41 p.m. PST. I am not sure why you are getting so much grief from them; PayPal should be able to verify all your bank info and stuff with you so you can get the funds transferred to your bank account at least. You might ask them about verifying a new email address over the phone so you can access your account with it. Get a supervisor, my boss was been able to call and get all sorts of access into the non profit account for which we were setting up a payment module on a website, and he is just a board member. You have a long history with them as a merchant.

eBay is likely another horror story however, because they just. don't. care.

As for AOL, it is time to go with anything better. If you can get gmail or something for now and post it here, people can send you their info so you know what you sold to who. They would have to forward PayPal receipts, names and shipping addresses, all from the same email back and forth so you know they are the original buyer. Which would be tough for me because I use one for buying and one for selling, but they both have the same PayPal email address.

Then if you get logged into eBay again for a few secs, get to your About Me page and store and post your new phone # and email address & that people should contact YOU if you can before you do anything else!

Dang it, you are getting negative feedbacks for no contact and no shipping. I figured there was a problem, glad to see you are well enough (I hope) to spend hours on hold and then post on the forum.

So long as you are better, that's what is most important.

PS: I asked you for a free set of strings with that uke, BTW, either Martin or Worth flourocarbons, black or brown. :cool:

Wow, I went in to eBay to check your stuff, now you show 0 listings and then two ukes showed up, then just one. I also got a bunch of errors of listing have been removed, etc. I'm suspecting a hack now too.

10 years on Evilbay, total feedback over 10,000, all the awards and book coverage and blather you can assume happened since I started in 97.

I canceled my account and will not ever have anything to do with them, they're horrible.

Face to face, always. On-line is NOT cheaper when you count in the anguish.

Paypal screwed me years ago because I live in Asia.

Its difficult to reason with customer service because most likely that customer service is in Bombay using phoney American accents.

I feel your frustration. I have had offers to buy products refused because Paypal couldn't verify my account. cest la vie.

It does look like your account may have been hacked. That is what I would tell eBay/Paypal. They can have you fax them documents as proof of identification -- they often make people do that to verify accounts when there is odd activity these days.

Best of luck getting everything sorted!

Last edited:
Michael, your pm box is full.

I've been on eBay for 13 years, running five accounts over those years (different business and for other people as a job). Can you get someone else to try to get access into your account for you that you trust instead of from your phone, or are you having trouble on the phone and from a regular pc? Does it seem to have started with AOL or eBay?

If no one else can get in with your info then it does look like you've been hacked, there is a lot of weird stuff going on in your eBay store and listings, etc.. That might be why you can get on, then get kicked off. BUT I don't know why they wouldn't change the password right away to keep you out? If someone can get in long enough to change the email address, and then the eBay password, it could help if someone is in it. Maybe you can get a free gmail account and then try to get that account swapped into your eBay account, get the email verified, then go in again with that new email and change your password. But do it from a fresh computer in case whatever you use is compromised. And if you post a new email on your about me make it a different one from what you might try to plug into your eBay and PayPal accounts.

Have you had any emails asking you to log into eBay or PayPal to "update" your account for "security" reasons? That would be a phishing email, and that could be what is going on. Have you told eBay you suspect account theft? Here's a link to eBay on how to get them to secure your account:

What to do if you suspect account theft.

I also suggest trying to get your ID verified on the phone as noted by Dotted. You should be able to answer all the secret questions etc.. Try not to stress, it will get worked out eventually, you're a big power seller and they should help you.

Yes, they are evil but not everyone who works for them is, and there are still good merchants and good buyers. I do wish they didn't have such a big corner of the market. I would list more stuff for sale more often. I used to make an okay living selling vintage images, and it was fun. When it wasn't entirely aggravating and infuriating. :p

Last edited:
That is harsh. I hope things work out for you soon. Thanks for the Uke and getting it to me in a nick of time. Much appreciated.

I've seen some companies that do a lot of business on ebay that have a few different accounts. Perhaps it's for similar reasons. If one goes down they don't have to worry so much since they can just move all their merchandise to the other while they work out the issues.

tHEY SAY THEY NEEDeD MY AOL ACCOIUNT TO FIX ITa ND THEY HAVE TraIED UNTIL AOL FAILD BUT HAVE NOT GOTTEN ME A SATIFAACTORY REaSoIN WHY IT KEEPS SHUTIIN DOWM now Paypal is shutt down also. i al ready to explode.... its all because of password defects. How can i even answer emails when i cant open aol.

Mike I would recommend maybe having someone you know type your passwords.

Hi MGM, I bought a Pono Concert on april,11 (I don't bought by ebay, I just send my payment by paypal after negociation by email).(Unique Transaction ID # 5WW74169N1174920T) Can you send me my tracking number by UU private message?
Best regards,
Fabio Pontarolo (Brazil)
fabio.pontarolo@gmail.com

Last edited:
Top Bottom