Ukulele Free Day (not by choice...)

ukulelecowboy

Reaction score
Between performances, rehearsal, and practice, I must average about 5 hours of playing time daily.

Yesterday, with a really crazy work schedule and relatives arriving for an overnight stay, I didn't even get a chance to pick up a ukulele let alone play it.

It was a thoroughly weird and unpleasant experience...

I can't even imagine the amount of stress something like that could cause!

Wishing you a fast recovery,
Tom

oh, that sucks :( I'd feel rather strange if I left the house without my uke, let alone couldn't play it for the day.

I hear you! I've done NO guitar or ukulele playing for over 6 WEEKS now to try to heal tendonitis in my left elbow. Well, okay I've played for a few minutes maybe half a dozen times in those 6 weeks because I was just dying. I'm fortunate to have been able to rest that much. I know folks who have had to play through the pain to pay the bills and it took them years to recover. I'm almost completely without pain. Just stopped the anti inflammatory drugs today. Now I start the gradual return to daily playing. Taking it slow so hopefully I don't re-injure the elbow.
Regards,
Ray

I totally understand!!! I start to work at 7 am and finish at 8 pm... Needless to say when I get home, after taking a shower and having dinner I got straight to bed!!!! So no uke for me on work days...

The withdrawl is very hard... But I try to make up for lost time on my off days...

Raygf, I can't even imagine the pain you're going through... Physical pain and also emotional... I have discovered that playing an instrument does help the soul!!!! Courage!!!!!!

Cheers!

I totally understand!!! I start to work at 7 am and finish at 8 pm... Needless to say when I get home, after taking a shower and having dinner I got straight to bed!!!! So no uke for me on work days...

The withdrawl is very hard... But I try to make up for lost time on my off days...

Raygf, I can't even imagine the pain you're going through... Physical pain and also emotional... I have discovered that playing an instrument does help the soul!!!! Courage!!!!!!
Cheers!
Playing definitely nourishes my soul. I've had to settle for listening. I made the difficult decision to stop and rest. I stopped any and all activities that caused pain and my left is my dominant hand. That was a real eye opener. I was afraid of causing so much damage that I would never be able play again. I go to worse case scenario very quickly when something goes wrong. It's very good to be on the other side of the process at the moment. It feels so good to play and not be in pain. I look forward to playing out again too. That will take a few more weeks.
Regards,
Ray

Sorry about hijacking the thread.

Ray, I am so glad for your recovery. I seem to want to bully my way through pain, and it sometimes makes things harder for me. I need to remember that pain is Nature's way of telling us to STOP.
I was having a particularly nasty day yesterday trying to get my taxes done. Yes, I waited till the last day, because I had been to ill to concentrate. It just about ruined my day, but I went to a concert by Sloan Wainwright last night, and it fixed everything. No ukulele there, but what a singer/songwriter, and her guitar player rocked!

Aloha Mike,
Sorry to hear you had to go cold turkey for a day from your daily playing.. seems so un natural eh....I'm sure tomorrow you'll make that up, sometimes a day break gives you time to reflect and come up
with some creative ideas in playing styles....
Aloha Raygf,
Sorry to hear about injury to your left elbow, must be a bummer and I knew you would sneak a few minuetes in there...I do that too, I have a pinch nerve in my back....and sometimes just plucking the
strings put me in a better mood...but sometimes I break down too, and tears come down because I cannot do and enjoy playing the ukulele at that moment...get so depressed...I hope it gets better soon!
Keep Strumming them strings.....Ray and Mike, MM Stan

Top Bottom