Close call!

rem50

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Had a close call today. Went to the beach today with some friends visiting from England and Germany. We left all our stuff at the pavillion and went down to the water. I took my "dolphin" with me to get it some sunshine. I left it with the gear and took my labrador retriever down for a swim in the ocean. After a half hour my daughter (23 years old) went back for something from our stuff. As she approached our stuff there were some teenage boys telling one of their friends to go and take my dolphin! My daughter listened as they were walking up and allowed him to get by our stuff. As he reached to take my dolphin out of the bag it was in she shouted! WHAT ARE YOU DOING??!!! They took off like scared rabbits! That was a close call! I know the dolphins are cheap in price but still, it was mine! I am now a bit more protective of my little baby!

Phew, im glad that your uke is still safe. No matter what the price a uke is a uke.

Aloha Rem50,
Glad to hear your daughter scared them away...Ukulele theives should be branded on the forehead "THIEF"....or Uke theives should lose a finger...for each offense.. I wont't feel sorry for them...
Glad your dolphin is safe....

Maybe a gentler approach would be to get them to teach little kids to play the Ukulele as community service!? :] ( after reataching fingers )
Though I am glad the Ukulele is safe I wouldn't want to be without any of my Ukuleles.

If I would have thought they would actually play it I probably would have given it to them

shucks...that's how popular ukes have become...clearly, there's even a waiting list on the dolphins. people will stop at nothing... :)

Top Bottom