WTB Kamaka Soprano

roxhum

Reaction score
Hello UU'ers,

I want to buy a Kamaka soprano or a pineapple so if any of you know have one or know of one for sale I would appreciate a holler. Thanks!

I saw that. It was just listed. I wonder how much it would cost to fix the repairs that it needs. Do you know?

Did you try for the one that ended earlier tonight? Pretty wood.

Unless you can hold it in your hands and play it, I recommend calling Kamaka and buying new. I just haven't had good experiences buying via photos. One guy I tried to buy a used one from finally admitted the pictures he was showing me wasn't the actual uke he was selling. Be careful when buying used.

Unless you can hold it in your hands and play it, I recommend calling Kamaka and buying new. I just haven't had good experiences buying via photos. One guy I tried to buy a used one from finally admitted the pictures he was showing me wasn't the actual uke he was selling. Be careful when buying used.

True, you have to be careful. But I've had the opposite experience - I bought two of my three Kamakas on eBay, sight unseen, and both are fabulous.

True, you have to be careful. But I've had the opposite experience - I bought two of my three Kamakas on eBay, sight unseen, and both are fabulous.

I've never had the opportunity to play a uke before buying. I've been happy with most of them, and definitely with my Kamaka. I think the quality of the brand is so high that it's extremely rare to find one that doesn't sound good.

....with my Kamaka. I think the quality of the brand is so high that it's extremely rare to find one that doesn't sound good.

I agree, I believe that with any of the "K" brands, it would be rare to come across one that was not good!
I bought my Kanile'a 6 string online...awesome uke and no problems!!

I agree, I believe that with any of the "K" brands, it would be rare to come across one that was not good!

Some are "gooder" than others, especially with the vintage instruments where all kinds of things can be out--fret placement, bridge placement, etc....

I'm thinking of parting with the second-best Pineapple I've ever played, to help finance the best one I've played.... ;)
Here tis:

P1100092.jpg

P1100094.jpg

P1100095.jpg

Oh my heart.... You are all awesome. That pineapple is awesome. I am afraid it is too rich for my blood but thanks for the offer. I want to buy used due to my budget. Natalie and Janeray I hold you responsible for my obsession to get a kamaka, and mm stan who is the UAS enabler extraordinaire. I have couple I am looking at and I am chomping at the bit to close the sale. I have bought most of my ukes second hand and I have been very satisfied with my purchases. Most of which were from uu member's who as we all know are awesome.

RoxHum, I just posted a 2005 Kamaka Pineapple for sale in the marketplace. Enjoy.

Kline Music in Sacramento had a vintage Soprano Kamaka in nice condition for around $400, 916 456-8714.

Top Bottom