The Next Pixar Movie?

hsushi

Reaction score
So my friends and I recently had a Pixar movie marathon and we began to notice easter eggs between movies. (e.g. Lotso Huggin Bear has an appearance in Up in the scene where the balloons then the house float past a little girl's room.)

We then looked closely to find any similarities or recurring pictures that occurred in subsequent movies (we only watched the movies once, we're not entirely insane...) and I began to notice ukuleles everywhere.

Do you think the next Pixar movie will have some crazy awesome ukulele-related plot? Pixar is notorious for cross referencing their movies http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Pixar_film_references so we had a sneaking suspicion that ukuleles might be involved some way or another.

Either that or Pixar artists are obsessed with how awesome ukuleles are.

Either that or Pixar artists are obsessed with how awesome ukuleles are.

Here's a bit from a May 2009 article about Pixar's "Up" director Peter Docter:

"The animated 3-D movie Up — directed and co-written by Pixar veteran Pete Docter — became the first animated film to open the Cannes Film Festival earlier this month. It's an adventure story featuring a grouchy old man, a chubby boy, a 13-foot flightless bird and a house borne aloft by balloons. Docter, who directed the Pixar hit Monsters, Inc. and worked on last year's smash Wall-E, tells Fresh Air host Terry Gross that the tale's influences included everything from Werner Herzog's Fitzcarraldo to the animated work of Hayao Miyazaki. Docter also confesses to doing a bit of undercover research to help flesh out the central character in Up: He and several instrumentalist colleagues — Docter plays bass, the others ukuleles — visited a retirement home as volunteer entertainers but took the opportunity to observe the tics and habits of the elderly men in residence."

So looking forward to Brave. A medieval scottish themed movie. There are a few links online about it if you are interested. I am a huge sucker for Medieval themed and Fantasy animated movies. :)

Isn't there a uke on the mantle in UP? May need to watch it again...

Am very excited about Brave now!

Plays Loch Lomond on Uke aka Red is the Rose.

Top Bottom