Soprano problems.

Trebor

Reaction score
When im playing on my soprano im fine, i like playing, i strum, play some tunes, then i come across a good song. i look up the tabs. oh. it says to reach upto 15. wait, my soprano only goes upto 12 frets?

anyway around this? =_="

Well, you need another uke, but it doesn't have to have a different scale length; there are sopranos available with extended fingerboards. Be aware, however, that the spacing gets pretty tight way up there, particularly on shorter scale lengths.

Or you can play it an octave lower than 15...

Might not sound right, but a lot cheaper than a new ukulele.

-Kurt

Maybe it's tiime to get a super soprano...soprano with a concert neck....if you like that soprano sound...or a concert....Happy Strummings, MM Stan

Time to invent a stick on fretboard extension!

buy a tenor! all the cool kids are doing it

There are sopranos available with more than 15 frets. Ive seen one with 17 frets but for the life of me i cant remember the model or brand.

That's life with a soprano..

My 2 'ukes are both sopranos. Part of the challenge is in rearranging the tune as needed for the limited range. There are some songs that I don't try to play, due to their wide range.

For me, the soprano is the only 'ukulele, even with it's limitations. I have my guitar for the other stuff. I had a concert 'ukulele for some time, but gave it away.

Long story short (too late..:p), your soprano is what it is. Accept it, or get a larger scale 'ukulele.

Top Bottom