Mgm -- please read this!

mds725

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Aloha, Mike. I'm so sorry to hear about your health problems. I know that your problems must be serious for you to have taken the drastic step of closing your eBay store, and I'm praying for your recovery.

I'm the guy who emailed you while I was in Honolulu about a week ago about buying ukuleles for my nephews in the Boston area. I ended up finding what they wanted at your eBay store, so I ordered the ukuleles there to save you the trouble of waiting for me to come to your home to buy them from you there.

People on Ukulele Underground have been saying that you've asked people with outstanding orders from your eBay store to contact you with details so that you can fill their orders. I tried to send a PM, but your mailbox is full. I also sent an email, but I was concerned that since you're having problems with AOL, you probably won't get it. Since you've been visiting the UU forums, I thought I would post here in the hopes that you would see it. I also thought that others might be able to communicate with you by posting here as well. The idea is NOT to embarass you or anything -- like many people at UU, I've bought several ukuleles from you and think the world of you as a great guy, ukulele seller, and representative of the ukulele community. Using the forums just seemed like the best way to contact you, given your current communication limitations.

(Mods: if you think this post is inappropriate, please accept my deepest apologies and delete this thread. Thank you.)

These are the items I bought on April 12 from your eBay store:

1. #330552471772 - Red makala dolphin soprano starter with hardshell case and Kala digital tuner, $84.95
2. #370501157536 - Makala concert ukulele starter with harshell case, chordfinder book and pitchpipe, high G string, $109.95
3. #370500814121 - Kala KC-02 tuner, $19.95

I paid $236.80 ($214.85 + $21.95 shipping) using PayPal on April 13. I was wondering if you had been able to ship these items yet or if you're still able to ship them. If you can't ship them, it's perfectly okay, and I'll ask PayPal for a refund. Pease just let me know so I can buy the ukuleles somewhere else.

Mahalos and my deepest hope that you regain your health soon.

Mark
mds0725@yahoo.com

I'm also holding the vision of your quick recovery, Mike. And looking forward to hearing how to proceed.

I'm in the same situation.
I sent an email with all the following data, and with my address.
I send this payment on your paypal: US$ 341.30 USD
ITEMS:
- Ukulele Pono concert satin finish w / pu
- Lightweight concert case
-shipping costs to Brazil,
Paypal Transaction #5WW74169N1174920T

Date: 11 Apr 2011

Fabio Pontarolo
fabio.pontarolo@gmail.com

I hope this is a good idea. I can empathize with everyone who has made purchases with MGM. To keep things in a somewhat orderly fashion, please use this thread for open transactions with Mike and this thread for any and all well wishes to Mike. Please include transaction numbers, item descriptions and other necessary info regarding your order. Hopefully this matter will be resolved in a timely manner and to everyone's satisfaction.

I only know what he's told me via eBay messages, email and posted on the forum. I got an answer last night via email that Michael needed my address to ship a $400. uke I bought from him last week. If he ships it great, it looks like a nice uke, but if he can't I'll go into PayPal eventually and request a refund. At this point I personally prefer to be patient and let him do what he can do because it's just a uke. Life throws curve balls and sometimes we all just need to chill, say ok, and be grateful for what we have; just go to YouTube and look at the videos from Japan for some perspective.

He has requested on the forum that people who have won eBay auctions please forward their information about who they are and what they bought and where to ship, since eBay has suspended his store due to problems with possibly someone else having hacked his info. PayPal payment receipts and a polite email from buyers would be helpful to him right now. Angry upset people will not be. That's all I'm saying. If everyone forwards their info, then he can try to sort out the last of his sales. The people most upset seem to be new to UU or young. People who have been around the uke forums awhile and who have dealt with MGM know that he has always been all about great customer service.

He has posted here about new phone troubles and online access problems. Below is a copy and paste from the email he sent me, it looks like he sent it from his phone and posted it on one of the other forums:

Original Post By: musicguymic Date: 4/20/2011 1:39:37 AM
It is with my deepest rgret that i have to annouce that due to mounting health bills and unablitltity to play due to carpel tunnel and increaIung liver desese i will need to closed and stopping wrrk as of immmediatel.y I thanks the many who have suported me and my headway into hor ukes are sold now interent wise has benn imptoved by my ideas. I am not having a large esate sell off Those are for my siblings, please refrain from asking for list of items i have sold most of my inventory off to others already and will try to get rest i do however have some high end ukes readdy to ship that were ordered but ebay has made it as i no longer get have adresses to send tme to. If you have bought a colored pineapple sunday, scepres ,naoles and a kamaka please email me so i can get them to you... Again Thanks to all

Last edited:
UPDATE: I just received an email from eBay indicating that the stuff I bought from Mike last week was shipped this morning. So apparently, if you can let Mike know what you bought from him, he may still be able to send it to you. I'm totally amazed that as ill as he is, Mike is still doing his best to be the great guy and reliable seller he's always been. Many Mahalos to you, Mike, along with lots of Aloha and prayers that you beat your health issues.

Last edited:
Mike is doing his very best! I got a ship notice yesterday.

I think it's a good idea for anyone who has ordered something to post here that items have shipped or been received so other buyers can see he's following through to the bast of his ability with regards to eBay and PayPal difficulties on top of his health issues.

I received my Soprano Makala Dolphin today which I ordered 4/13/2011!

I had the terrible timing of ordering from Mike just before he was forced to close down his store on eBay. I have yet to receive my order, but in the hope that it helps Mike, here's what it was:

Item number: 370501402255

KALA BRAND NEWEST MODEL TENOR UKULELE!
NEW EXOTIC SERIES FLAME MAHOGANY!
KA TEM
KC-02 Tuner
FREE CASE

I paid on April 13 via PayPal. I can provide shipping and contact information to Mike if he is having technical problems preventing him from accessing that already sent. And since I am now a member of UU, I can be contacted here.

I hope Mike recovers quickly and completely and I wish him Mahalo and Aloha!

Mike sorry to hear you are having health problems. I did not know that. I paid on APR 11th for a Riptide concert uke with a case. I live in Kailua so I can Pick up if need be. I tried contacting you via email and Ebay but haven't gotten a response. My Ebay ID is el_gooch.

Mike- posted this in another thread, but wanted to make sure you see it....

As one who posted negative feedback, I'm sorry. I received the shipping e-mail from ebay the day after I posted it - looking forward to my first uke arriving any day. I also discovered this wonderful forum and website yesterday, found out the reality of your situation and what you're going through. Many apologies - I never would have posted the feedback if I'd known the whole story. Not only my first uke, but also my first ebay purchase, so I'm not sure how the process works, but just let me know how I can revise the negative feedback. I feel bad for kicking you when it's obvious you're trying to do the right thing against increasing obstacles.

I sent messages to the other buyers who left negative feedback with links to this forum so they can see the breadth of love for you and your good business in this community. Hopefully it will go a little way to making things better for you.

Like I said, looking forward to the ukulele. I've played guitar for fifteen years and can't wait to get my hands on it. Looking forward to learning much from the folks at UU and here at the forum....

Bill (23skidoooo on ebay)

Most alll of these sent yestderday or today As I entioned modt will not get yracking sirry

Without the tracking number we could really have a real problem ahead.

Orders usually arrive here in Brazil quickly (7 days), but the federal customs release takes too long to emit taxes (up to 40 days for products over U$500, shipping costs included!). So I bought some ukes of MGM (My koaloha soprano, for example by circa U$554 w/shipping costs) take almost two months to be delivered at home (bought on mid January'11 and arrived on mid of March'11).
Some ukes under U$500 w/shipping costs (in the case of MC Pono I'm waiting now) can take less, dropping to about 25 days in the Federal customs (35 days to arrives at home).

As the deadline for collecting the Paypal claim is 30 days, I hope to receive before the deadline in order to withdraw the complaint. Be sure that I will do that, and I'll post a youtube video of opening the box upon arrival here in UU.

All the best,
Fabio Pontarolo

Last edited:
Hey mike,

I purchased a Kala KA C Concert uke abou a month and a half ago (#250779041114). I know you had said there was a mistake, and I had asked for a refund. Unfortunately, nothing has gone through as of yet, so if you are able to check on it, I would appreciate it. At this point, I would be happy with whatever you are able to do.

I am deeply sorry to hear about your health, and I offer my best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Mahalo,
Bill (Hokie2049)

Hi Mike,

Best wishes on your recovery. I sent you an email with my order details the other day but I thought I'd include them here as well to be safe.

Item: Flamed mahogany Kala Tenor Ukulele (low G setup)
including Kala KC-02 tuner and hardshell padded case

Item number: #330553242736
Price: $179.00 + $54.00 shipping to Australia
Total Price: $233.00 (paid with Paypal on April 15 2011)
Paypal Transaction ID: #2M883434KU559072C

Thanks very much,
Tom Albert

Aloha Mike,
First of all I would like to say that i wish a speedy recovery because from what i've read on this post, you're an honorable man. I sent you an email with the details of the transaction but at this point i'd imagine the email is not working. If it is and i'm repeatedly posting i do apologize, my intention is not to stress you anymore, but perhaps one less item to trouble you with, since the posts seem to show you stressing about the problems with AOL, Paypal, and Ebay. You really shouldn't stress so much at a time like this, but i guess that's just the kind of person you are, always getting the job done with little regard to the circumstance.

So here goes the info

Item: Ohana Longneck CK-35L Concert Solid Ukulele Mahogany w/ case
Item#: 330551856832
Price: $249.95 w/ free shipping
Total Price: $249.95
Payment Transaction ID: 3YR84509WX5258105

The payment (PAYPAL) was made April 10, 2011 at 21:37:14 PDT

Once again my intention is not to stress you anymore so if the item has already been shipped, i do apologize, since as i stated i do not know at this point whether your AOL account is working.

Once again i hope for a speedy recovery

-Vicente

Last edited:
PURCHASED APRIL 11

Flame mahogany Kala Tenor Ukulele KA TEM cs tuner (with case)
330551904027 - Price: US $179.00+shipping = $197.95

Paid via PayPal

message me with questions. HOPE YOU GET BETTER MIC!

Last edited:
MGM-

Many thanks! My beautiful Kala uke just arrived, looks great, everything as promised.

I've played guitar for years and I've been teaching my seven year old daughter a bit on a small scale Squier Stratocaster - she's the one who really piqued my interest and got me to pull the trigger on getting our first uke. She's already in love, playing a few chords, picking out the songs we've been working on. Not sure how much I'm actually going to get to play it!

Thanks again, Mike. I appreciate the service despite your difficulties and sorry again about the confusion.... be well.

Hey Mike,

So sorry to hear about your illness.

I found this thread from eBay. Here are my transaction details if they will help in any way.

Item# 250803490320
MAKALA TENOR UKULELE MGM Setup w aquilas mk-t LOW G
Bought April 17, 2011 - $79.95/$14.95 S&H
eBay name: missicarin
Paypal Transaction ID: #097949524Y1857242

Best wishes from Nashville, TN,

Dangerdavies

Dangerdavies, I bought a uke from Michael a couple of days before you and got it a couple of days ago so hang in there. He put in a general note about ukes and their care and also that he was moving locations. He hasn't posted on FaceBook except to say he is too sick and so will miss the NY uke fest. He appears to still be shipping stuff and catching up.

Bill in post 13, if there was some kind of error and you were not refunded for certain, if you paid on your credit card or credit card through PayPal, you might want to dispute it, if all you wanted was your money back. Call the # on your credit card and tell them you want to open a dispute.

I would suggest that anyone posting in this thread post back if you receive your uke, and also re-post if you haven't to keep the thread active so if Michael pops in he can see it.

Michael we are wishing you well!

Paid for my uke on 6 April, status changed on eBay to 'shipped' on 16 April. Nothing has arrived yet though. :(

I'm a patient guy, but I'm getting a little scared after 24 days.

Top Bottom