please help me choose a promo picture

Howlin Hobbit

Reaction score
In keeping with my 2011 theme of "more solo ukulele please" I'm putting together my first solo promo pack in more years than I want you young whippersnappers to know. :)

I've recently had a huge number of photos taken and I've winnowed them down to 7 "finalists." I'd love for my friends, fans and any other interested parties to vote on which one I use first.

You can check 'em out and vote here. (It's easy! Just a leave a comment on the blog.)

(EDIT: Please note that, while I appreciate the commentary here, in order to keep my foggy brain intact, only votes left in the comments on my blog will be counted towards the "winning" photo.)

Thanks, Undergrounders!

Last edited:
great idea HH.

for the record my fave by far is #3 but you really need a uke in shot as your "ID", so next in line for me would be #7, #5 and lastly, #1. Cheers mate!

great idea HH.

for the record my fave by far is #3 but you really need a uke in shot as your "ID", so next in line for me would be #7, #5 and lastly, #1. Cheers mate!

I agree with eugene. I prefer the poses in photos 3 and 4, but I think you need to add an ukulele to the shot.

I kind of like #1

#1 is the best

Lucky 7 ...... I tried to vote on your site but couldnt get it to work.

Last edited:
I like 1 or 7 with a tight crop, mostly because they have the whole uke, and with the contrast upped a little and the highlights from flash on your hands and face evened out, and the color balanced to a bit warmer tone on 7. For promo use I'd really want the pics close in on your face and hands. I think 3 is a super shot and otherwise is my fave. Sorry that's not more helpful. ;)

vote01.jpg

vote07.jpg

I've been overwhelmed by the response to this little idea of mine. I've never gotten so many responses to any blog post I've ever made. I really do appreciate you all taking your time to express your opinions on the various photos. However...

Some of you have left comments here and voted on the blog, some haven't. I really can't keep up with comparing the two (actually more than two since there are other places where I'm getting responses to the announcement). So...

Please note that, with a very few exceptions, only the votes in the comments on my blog will count towards the "winning" photo.

I don't want to upset anyone, but after a lot of soul searching--something I hate to do because it's dark and sticky down there, and smells faintly of stale beer and spilled bourbon--I really have to stick to the format I initially put forward in my blog post.

I apologize for being such a stick-in-the-mud. If y'all want to go, "screw you, pal!" I'll understand. But if you want to be a sport and copy/paste your response over in the comments on my blog, here's the link again.

Thanks for your understanding, UU folk!

Tried to vote again. It seems your site doesnt like me.It wont allow me to vote. How the hell do you trim that moustache?

Top Bottom