Les Paul Ukulele (Mahalo ULP-30VS) acoustic/electric

rockulele

Reaction score
Currently on ebay.... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320688696344

The ULP-30VS LP Style Ukulele in Vintage Sunburst, though the look of this instrument speaks of rock and roll, it still retains that traditional tone and charm of the Hawaiian Islands and the honor of being the most played instrument the world over. This is an acoustic/electric version of this ukulele [very rare/unique]. And it comes with a strap button and case. DON'T MISS OUT!

Maple body
Mahogany neck
Rosewood fingerboard and bridge
NuBone saddle and nut
Nickel-plated tuners with green plastic button

The price seems a little steep. I purchased one of these for $65 cdn with a gig bag...

Nick - I use this uke as my beater-always-stays-in-the-car-even-in-the-hot-summer-or-cold-winter uke. I bought mine new.

It plays really quite well for what it is. The sound is pretty muted - it's made of laminate maple and has a ton of finish on it. That being said, it's a pretty good uke comparable or maybe even a bit better than something like a Kala K-AS. It has a lot of frets too for a soprano sized uke.

Haven't really seen any Mahalo LP electrics available in the U.S. since the Epiphones were announced (wonder if that's just a coincidence or not?) Last time I looked at them, they were in the upper $80's to $90's. Folks who want ukes that are unavailable may pay what you ask. Nice looking uke though and for the $, have read a lot of good reviews.

Top Bottom