MGM closing?

sbryant

Reaction score
I have ordered a concert uke from MGM, but no delivery and no responce to emails. I have read that he has gone out of business. Is there any truth to this? Any advice on how to retrieve my money. What a disappointment for a beginner uke player. From what I understood, he was reliable.

He stated on this board that he had to close shop due to health problems. This was after he was essentially locked out of his e-mail and eBay/Paypal accounts. There is more information here.

As a fellow beginner, I totally understand your disappointment. As a long-time eBayer, I can't even imagine dealing with the hassles he's currently facing.

Don't fret. MGM is a good man, things will be sorted but they just may take a little time - very disappointing for those waiting for things and very stressful for MGM trying to figure out who has bought what and when and where to send it etc.

Basically his ebay and paypal accounts were hacked and he has no information as to who has bought what, what the invoice numbers are and where to send the goods. Follow his request and send through information to him.

I live in the UK and had my first Ukulele bought for me from MGM who shipped it out more than well packed, with instructions etc no problem and would highly recommend him to anyone.

It was a sad day for the Uke world when he realised he had no choice but to close his business due to ill health - his business hasn't collapsed, this is a choice he has reluctantly made and all who have bought from him or know him have not even the slightest of doubts that all orders will be fulfilled. As hard as it is for you right now, please bear with him whilst he sorts out this mess and regains control.

I have no words strong enough to describe my feelings about hackers.

From what I understood, he was reliable.

The most reliable man and businessperson I have ever encountered. We purchased ten ukuleles from him over the past years and his service was impeccable. His service to the ukulele community was remarkable and his business presence will be missed. Best wishes to him for a speedy recovery from his failed health.

Well said Cowboy. I bought my first two from Mike and was gearing up for buying another from him without hesitation. Hang in there sbryant - it will work out.

I would also like to vouch for MGM. I purchased two sets of strings from him a couple of weeks back when all of this started happening. They arrived this weekend. With all that he has going on in his life, health and ebay woes, the man still found time to honour a simple order for strings. That shows the type of person he is. MGM is a stand-up individual and it is my prayer that he recovers from all that he is going through right now.

I've bought 3 ukuleles from Mike and felt he totally lived up to his word. He's a good guy as far as I know from my own experience and I will keep a good thought for him solving whatever is going on.

I have ordered a concert uke from MGM, but no delivery and no responce to emails. I have read that he has gone out of business. Is there any truth to this? Any advice on how to retrieve my money. What a disappointment for a beginner uke player. From what I understood, he was reliable.

Kindly post your info (transaction numbers, item descriptions and other necessary info regarding your order) in this thread. It will be much easier to manage and reply to. Please post your well wishes and other comments here.

Last edited:
I bought my Kala concert uke from Mike. It did take a while, but it was worth the wait. I'm sad to hear that he's not well. He's a good guy. The uke I bought from him is a beauty and he did a great job of set-up on it.

I have no doubt that he'll make it all right for you. Be patient.

Peace, Bonnie

Top Bottom