A cool moment and wanted to share.

Tudorp

Big guy with a lil' uke..
UU VIP
Reaction score
I was sitting on the edge of my bed. Kind of lost in thought. Remembering how my body was failing me just 6 short months ago. How much of a task it was, just to get to the porch of my home, let alone actually go anywhere. How I was laying on pretty much would have been my death bed in the ER. How I promised God, and my family and friends that I would try and live if God felt led to let me make it through my medical issue 6 months ago. To now, still a big fat guy, but feeling great. How it was a major chore for me to get just to the bathroom. To today, commiting to a couple lady friends that me and the wife would join them on a daily walk at the local high school track. 6 short months ago I could not walk 10 feet without hanging on to something and without aid. To commiting for regular walks around a 1/4 mile track with some friends. 6 months ago, I thought I was never going to go home again, let alone walk anywhere. Now, what a little commitment, focus, and determination for life can do. Now, planning walking around a football field (I really missed that). Anyway, yes, this is Uke related. I was sitting there lost in thought. Sure, it might have looked sad but it wasn't. It was just expressionless focus and thought. I raise my head slightly, and just hanging there next to me. I see Bango, my 1930 Harmony. Looking all pretty and healthy as I felt. Staring back at me and as if to say, "see, even us old worn out SOBs can still have a song to sing.." I picked him up, and played my favorite song of his, "Sunny Afternoon". It was a cool moment for me. It really was. God, & Life is good.

bango487.jpg

As I have said before in the UUBL thread, "way to go Tudorp!" Keep it up. The re-birth appears to be going swimmingly.

tudorp, here's an idea: My family and I decided we all needed to lose weight so I set up a competition. I am a bit competitive :) Anyway when I started talking about the one month contest, more people wanted to get involved. I had everyone commit to paying the winner $25. The winner won $300! We are now in month 2 and there is another sum of money ready for the winner! Uke money!!!!! It was all done on percentage so it was fair for all. Take starting weight, wait a month and see what you lost, divide the weight lost by starting weight and you will get a percentage. The largest percentage wins and it is fair for any size person. It is a good way to lose weight and get more money for a new uke!

tudorp, here's an idea: My family and I decided we all needed to lose weight so I set up a competition. I am a bit competitive :) Anyway when I started talking about the one month contest, more people wanted to get involved. I had everyone commit to paying the winner $25. The winner won $300! We are now in month 2 and there is another sum of money ready for the winner! Uke money!!!!! It was all done on percentage so it was fair for all. Take starting weight, wait a month and see what you lost, divide the weight lost by starting weight and you will get a percentage. The largest percentage wins and it is fair for any size person. It is a good way to lose weight and get more money for a new uke!

Well, I lost 5.07% (125 lbs) over the past 6 months or so, so far. So, I think I'll buy me a Uke. lol..

Actually, that is good to have some competiion to stay focused. I do stuff like that too allot. But truthfully, my focus has always come from within for me. My most fierce competition has always been with myself. I lost that competitiveness with myself many years ago due to an injury. I thought I had lost that forever, but found it again, with new goals, and directions and rewards, and that is living a life with my family. So, still on the road, and a ways to go yet, but Im still in the game.. ;)

Aloha Tudorp,
I am very please to hear of success in your weight loss program...and your persistance to continue..you have made leaps and strides...I hear you are about to break into the 4's...how cool and congratulations..
Keep strumming them strings...Take Care and God's Blessings.. MM Stan
P.S. Nice Banjo...wow..Nice Gecko....

Aloha Tudorp, that is a very cool moment. Congratulations your doing awesome, keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing.

Good job and thanks for the update. I will continue to keep you in my prayers.

Good on ya, Tudorp!

And for your wife and friends, too, and everyone else on the path to their healthiest body/mind/spirit!

Happily I myself have dropped 2 dress sizes since January (daily yoga, weekly zumba, Pilates MWF) -- my big motivation was being in a wedding!

Looking forward to hearing more of your success, everybody!

Tudorp, what you need to do is do your walkin' across the stage at UWC this year - the Chuck Berry duck-walk that is with your new Lil Lester. Keep up the good work Bro'. Bango is lookin' too good.

Nice thought and review of your progress Tudorp, and GREAT attitude. My wife and I are big fans of the program The Biggest Loser and find it very inspirational to help us watch our diet and exercise. We are not terribly overweight, but the last two months I have lost 12 # and she 20, which I know is miniscule compared to your goals. We have done it primarily by eliminating most flour products and sugar from our diet. You are truly a model for many thousands of people who need to do exactly what you are doing. We all admire you and are totally behind your plan to get your weight in order. Keep us posted as you progress and we applaud your efforts. Lozark

Well, I lost 5.07% (125 lbs) over the past 6 months or so, so far. So, I think I'll buy me a Uke. lol..

Actually, that is good to have some competiion to stay focused. I do stuff like that too allot. But truthfully, my focus has always come from within for me. My most fierce competition has always been with myself. I lost that competitiveness with myself many years ago due to an injury. I thought I had lost that forever, but found it again, with new goals, and directions and rewards, and that is living a life with my family. So, still on the road, and a ways to go yet, but Im still in the game.. ;)
That is great you are doing this for you. A lot of people say they are doing it for others and get discouraged without the recognition. Congratulations! Keep it up! rem

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That's wonderful. I'm glad to hear you are feeling better. PLEASE keep up the good work.

Tudorp,

I know exactly where you are coming from. In 2004, at the ripe old age of 42, I had my first heart attack. I had an immediate quad bypass. I had my second coronary in 2006. My heart kind of sucks but like you, I'm doing alot better and I see each day as fresh and ready for new challenges. I think that little banjo uke means alot.

Keep going, brother...:cool:

Mike

Well done! Keep at it, I'm glad you are doing better.

Awesome share. You and Bango are lookin' good. :shaka:

Top Bottom