The Little French Girl in the store

SuzukHammer

Reaction score
As I was playing my uke in a store, a french lady came in with 6 kids. Good fun kids.

I was playing/practicing and improvising on my uke waiting for my wife to get done shopping.

Well, the cute little 4 or 5 year old girl bedecked in a beach tan and almost dread lock hair keeps walking by me and smiling. She is mesmerized by the music.

I offer her my ukulele. She nods no. ok, I was denied; but,....... I know this game. This is not my first rodeo with getting a child to play uke.

So, I play some more and I juice it up with some slides and some bending. I start using more stock riffs and I'm working that uke. The little girl walks by twice - each time coyfully precociously smiling.

I offer my ukulele again. Its still reverberating with a C6 chord.

Bite!!!

She reels it in. Not much of a fight, just instant playing.

She looks up for approval.

Of course, little lady, you are beautiful and a big road sign that tells me life still exists in this little planet.

I sing along with her strumming trying to egg on some tickling strings from her. She starts to act shy as all eyes are on her. She gives my uke back. I tell her, "That was beautiful".

I begin playing again assured she was done. She wasn't. She made one more reconn round, smiled and pretended to have an airuke. Too funny.

I gave her my uke again.

This time, she was not shy. She knew everybody would look and listen. Her mom and father looked on at her with great pride.

She performed very well.

I got my uke back and also a great memory. :)

Last edited:
that's an incredible story :D
just think, you've created a future musician!

Aloha Frank,
Nice story and beautiful memories..thank for sharing.....Happy strummings..MM Stan

That is a great story. Spread the music, spread the Aloha.

Top Bottom