Kala Jazz Archtop Natural Finish Tenor Ukulele

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhenDogsSing

Reaction score
--SOLD--

This is one of my ukuleles that I just don't get out and play as much as I should, in fact, it has hardly been played and is in as new condition.

I am selling my Kala jazz archtop natural finish tenor acoustic-electric ukulele. It plays like a dream, no buzzes or issues. It has a pleasing voice, not a loud voice, but very mellow. The back is one piece, the instrument is all laminated mahogany. The fingerboard is bound with mother-of-toilet-seat plastic, as are the top and back. It has a nice palm tree inlay at the 12th fret. The electronics are active with a tone and volume control.

I don't know for sure but I have heard that Kala stopped making the natural finish version of these instruments.

Here is a link to a sound sample: http://www.youtube.com/user/WhenDogsSing?feature=mhum

Includes a semi-hard padded zipper case.

I am asking $175. and I will pay shipping within CONUS. I accept and prefer PayPal.

Thanks for looking...!!!

Attachments

• 100_2950.jpg
    100_2950.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 169
  • 100_2949.jpg
    100_2949.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 90
  • 100_2951.jpg
    100_2951.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 78
  • 100_2952.jpg
    100_2952.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Aw these are so cool. All these cool things go up right after I pull the trigger on something else.

Oh well. Good luck with the sale!

I have this ukulele, my first and only ukulele currently. My unlearned opinion is not of much value as I have nothing to compare it to but.....
The looks of this uke are awesome not the same o same o. Being a laminate has a softer sound but crisp and mine is set up well.
They sell online for $277. plus $40. for the case, or $317 so $175 or about 55% of the new selling price quite fair.

Last edited:
Could you tell me more about the pickup? What kind/brand? Easy to replace batteries? How does it sound plugged in? Stuff like that.
Thanks,
The Duke

That's a good price: acoustic-electric with Shadow pickup, with case, shipped.

Do the right thing, Kalihonu. Take this temptation away from me. Mahalo! :D

Could you tell me more about the pickup? What kind/brand? Easy to replace batteries? How does it sound plugged in? Stuff like that.
Thanks,
The Duke

Here is a link to the Kala website page for the archtop (mine is natural finish):

http://www.kalaukulele.com/Kala_Arch_Top.asp

The pickup is a Shadow active Nano-Flex Equalizer system. The battery is very easy to replace. It uses a round flat battery that is accessible from the outside. There is a little clip-thingie that pulls out that holds the battery.

Last edited:
What's the nut width? The usual 35mm or the wider 37mm-38mm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom