Jake Singing?

Kanaka916

Reaction score
OK this is Friday and I'd like to share this vid of JS singing . . . yea singing. It's a kanikapila song that all the folks from the 808 know. A great party song with lots of different versus and some can be sexually explicit, but it's all good fun and something to break da ice.

I'd like to see him include an least one song with vocals in his sets. He obviously can sing, and I think it would endear him to his audience just that much more.

So glad to see that. Not an exceptionally awesome vocal song, but if that's how he gets comfy in those shoes, I say bring it on. He's already made his point with 'ukulele. Singing would be one more weapon in his music arsenal. Most of the exceptional guitarists sing lead. How come the 'ukulele stylists seem to shy away from it?

So glad to see that. Not an exceptionally awesome vocal song, but if that's how he gets comfy in those shoes, I say bring it on. He's already made his point with 'ukulele. Singing would be one more weapon in his music arsenal. Most of the exceptional guitarists sing lead. How come the 'ukulele stylists seem to shy away from it?

Is that really true though? Aldrine sings lead. James hill sings lead. Troy Fernandez sings lead.

That looked like a blast. Wish I was there! I wonder if he did more singing. The crowd certainly wanted it.

I was coming at this from the other angle:

Django Reinhardt didn't sing lead. Eddie Van Halen doesn't sing lead. Joe Satriani doesn't sing lead. John Williams doesn't sing lead. Andre Segovia didn't sing lead. Sure, there are zillions who DO sing, but lots of the very good ones don't. They're not necessarily connected things.

Top Bottom