The uke- a great family experience

elisdad

Reaction score
The uke and a great family experience

I just had to share a wonderful experience the uke has given me. I started my uke journey about six months ago. This weekend I am visiting my family. Last night, I pulled out a few uke songs and my dad and brother joined in singing. We had a great time and laughed harder together than we have in twenty years. We probably managed an hour of making music. It wasn't exactly pretty to hear, but it warmed my heart. I can tell you that I'll never forget it.

Last edited:
That is a great story! I have had similar good times with my own family with the uke. We have also hosted semi monthly music nights at our home, where friends bring whatever music they want to share, on whatever instrument they play. I wasn't dong that before we got ukes. The Uke has really opened up music for me in a new way, that the drums didn't.

Hope you have many more blessed times like that one!

Tom

I started on the uke 3 years ago. All five of my kids now play the uke. They all had played other instruments b4, but the uke is what brought us together as a family. Pretty cool to be sharing music with 4 teenagers and an adult kid. I blame the uke for my continued success in communicating with my kids.

Great stories. I too gave my family the "UKU ITCH". So far, 2 daughters, 3 g daughters, 2 g sons, 1 son inlaw, 1 hanai daughter and 3 hanai g sons. We meet 2 times/month and we do have a great time. Yes, the uke is a great family addition.

I had guests last week from england and Germany. I brought out the uke and the daily uke book and we spent literally hours at it. I played and they sang. It was great for me to find out how some of those tunes went too!

Top Bottom