Ohana Vita Uke <SOLD>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teek

Reaction score
This great little uke has been SOLD.

The Ohana Vita (CKP-70) is a great little spruce top uke, mahogany laminate sides, rosewood fretboard and bridge, geared chrome and pearlized button tuners, pearlized fretmarker dots, top and back binding and bone bridge and saddle. This one comes with a concert sized (to fit the pear shaped body) polyfoam and canvas hard case with double zippers plus a velcro zipper cover/closure, an interior security strap and covered storage pocket and exterior zippered pocket. These ukes run about $150+ new now ($250 in the UK, wow), and the cases of this sort from $35-$60 (or $149.00!), depending on whose brand name is on it. This one is about a year old and lightly played, which is why I am selling it. I hope to thin my sopranos down to about two, as I find I'm really preferring my two concerts.

This has a 13 3/4" scale which is in between a soprano and concert. This uke has great fit and action, and a lot of volume and sustain. It is wearing Aquilas but could use a new set. I've taken a number of photos, and when looking at them saw that there is a fine crack in one tuner on one side of the button. It may have come to me that way because I never saw it until now. There is also a tiny bit of shmutz on the top near the bottom of the fretboard that was there when I got it, also an area alongside the 8th and 9th frets on the bottom edge of the fingerboard that was also in it new, it looks like the finish was chipped slightly right at the 9th fret. This may have happened in setup, but is minor. I just want to make sure I point out everything I see on it. Note that this one has a really nice reddish mahogany color, some of them are duller and run more to browns.

I'd like $145 shipped insured Parcel Post to CONUS or if you are in Los Angeles you can come get it for $130. I will wait awhile and then post it on Craigslist if I don't get a response here. PayPal preferred.

Attachments

• Vita4.jpg
    Vita4.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 23
  • Vita2.jpg
    Vita2.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 35
  • Vita3.jpg
    Vita3.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 30
  • VitaID.jpg
    VitaID.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 49
  • Vita5.jpg
    Vita5.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
More pics. As a PS I've listed an old circa 1960 Stella 3/4 size guitar and another Supertone Prep 3/4 circa 1939. Both are Harmony Company made, the Prep is gorgeous honey toned natural wood with black trim and accents. They are on Craigslist Los Angeles and I have already had responses if you're local to LA and want to see this uke and a couple of guitars as well. I also have a 1928 Harmony soprano for sale to the right person, solid mahogany, and a circa 1918 flamed koa 8 3/4 ounce uke that will likely go to eBay, but you can see it.* Ooops, when I weighed it I tuned it back up, it's been hydrating. It's staying here. But I have three vintage plastics to list, likely as a lot.

Attachments

• Vita7.jpg
    Vita7.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 15
  • Vita8.jpg
    Vita8.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Vita6.jpg
    Vita6.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 21
  • Vita9.jpg
    Vita9.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
DAMN! I just sent a payment for something else otherwise I would have been all over this like white on rice!

I had that same feeling when Kissing posted his Risa! But I missed it by thatmuch anyway.

Ok, so in an interesting twist, I just bought Kissing's Risa LP tenor. I loved his in particular when I first saw it, stickers and all. I'm so tickled, a Risa LP was the only other uke I wanted. It will have a very good home and the stickers are staying on!

I meant to go look for this video when I originally posted this Vita uke for sale. One of the reasons I got it was this video showing this uke carrying off a great low 4th G on a soprano. He does a side by side comparison of this model which also shows off the sound really well.

BTW I sold the Supertone guitar today mentioned above on the first call on it to a very happy new owner. I let him sit on the patio in peace with the two guitars with a stand, so he could swap them back and forth and just enjoy them until he could decide if one should go home with him, and he ended up taking it to a barbecue. I sold him a stand for $5 and gave him some other spare parts. What a nice day. :D

I used to have an Ohana Vita. It's one of the best acoustic ukes I've ever owned during my UAS :)
Very loud, vibrant and toneful (if there is such a word).
Hope it finds a great home !

Anyone looking for a great soprano uke should jump on this for sure. I would, but I just bought ANOTHER rosewood sides and back from Elderly last week. NO case, $169.00. These are my favorite sopranos. This is a fantastic deal. It is killing me... I don't have this model with mahogany... Saving money for a clothes dryer... but it will be summer soon.. and clothes dry hanging outside better... GHAAA

lonerhino, IMO rosewood is fine, and Elderly is expensive. Must.Get. Dryer! ;)

Everyone, thanks for the nice comments, they are very much appreciated. :)

I'm tickled to see how many people own these nice ukes.

This one has been SOLD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom