AC/DC on ukulele - It's a Long Way to the Top ...

YogaJen

Reaction score

This is the Blue Mountains Ukulele Group or Blue MUGs - we're based to the west of Sydney -we perform most weekends, and we make a lot of people happy while at the same time having extreme fun. I'm there in the front row in the santa cap strummin' my heart out. The song always goes off :)

Until 8 months ago I had never played a string instrument. Up until about 4 months ago I had never made music with a group of people. It is such a thrill. Thanks for sharing. You are all having so much fun. I love the song.

Outrageous fun! This is awesome. I wantto play this. Thanks for sharing.

Hey Jen,

The Rowers club is always a fun gig, just to let the UU members know, earlier in the day we had performed at five different nursing homes so this was our sixth gig for the day.

If you get the chance to get along to see the Blue MUGs make sure that you bring your uke.

Hey Jen,

The Rowers club is always a fun gig, just to let the UU members know, earlier in the day we had performed at five different nursing homes so this was our sixth gig for the day.

If you get the chance to get along to see the Blue MUGs make sure that you bring your uke.

Thanks for that welcome addition Steve :)
Yes it was a ukulele lover's paradise that day. We did a "Nursing Home Crawl" on the Saturday morning - 5 performances of cheery Christmassy songs plus meeting and greeting folks at each Aged Care facility along the way. We then grabbed a very quick bite to eat and descended upon the Nepean Rowing Club for our end-of-year celebratory gig - 3-5pm. It was, as always, a fantastic afternoon. As Steve says - if ever you get to see the Blue MUGs bring your uke - we like to party, and the more the merrier !
next

Oh My GOD....I am buying a plane ticket to Sydney right now- this looks like the kind of fun I am made to have!

Until 8 months ago I had never played a string instrument. Up until about 4 months ago I had never made music with a group of people. It is such a thrill. Thanks for sharing. You are all having so much fun. I love the song.

Aloha Roxanne :)
I am so happy that from that world in which you had no experience of making music or playing with others you have now taken the path with the ukulele. It IS such a thrill. And how far you've come in 8 months. It is impossible to express the joy that the ukulele has given me - I couldn't have imagined 2 and a half years ago that I would be making music with others almost every weekend as I now do, performing in lots of different venues - and mostly making a lot of people happy while at the same time having a blast. It's just so great sharing the joy of the uke. Let me know if in any way I can help you :)

Looks like a blast. Here are some lyrics to sneak in next time:

"It's a long way to the shop, if you want a sausage roll"

Oh My GOD....I am buying a plane ticket to Sydney right now- this looks like the kind of fun I am made to have!
Hey TCK - glad you enjoyed it :) It's the sort of fun we have all the time in the Blue Mountains Ukulele Group - or Blue MUGs. We're into spreading the word and sharing the joy of ukulele. If you're ever around Sydney, come and strum with us. You can always visit, or even join our online community (http://bluemuc.ning.com/) which keeps you up to date with all our events. We encourage everyone to be part of the fun, we even drag folks up from the audience to play with us. The funniest time recently was when we had a dentist join us on stage - he'd never played a uke. We showed him 3 chords and he played in with us for a couple of songs. So much fun!

Jen, to say you make a lot of people happy is a gross understatement. Great stuff there!
G'day mate - she said in typical Aussie :)
Thanks very much for those kind words. I can assure you - if my activities make others happy, then that adds even more to my own well of happiness that is already full to overflowing - well, most of the time (I have my moments!!!) When I did a beginners' ukulele workshop on 28.7.08 I had no idea when I walked in the room that I was about to experience the start of a wild love affair. It was almost instant. I had played the guitar years ago but virtually let go of all my musical activities for about 18 years as I immersed myself in being a mum. (you say "mom" I do believe) By the end of the day I was on the hunt for a ukulele group - I just knew that this little instrument is all the sweeter for being strummed in company. I had a lot of fun, but the Fun BIG-TIME really began when I discovered the Blue Mountains Ukulele Group on 30.1.10. I attended their ukulele festival and again, I was hooked - instantly. I became a Blue MUG and I move mountains to be part of as many events as I can. Then one more major significant life event - I took a flight across the planet to attend to an 'ukulele love-in' on a field in a little town in Indiana. The scene was so supportive that I got up the nerve to do the open mic - two great guys from Missouri gave me a helping hand and I did my thing. That was a mega turning point in my life. The music in my heart, music that had lain dormant for all those years, now has a voice. With a uke in my arms, I feel blessed beyond my dreams, and I'm sooooooo happy to share that joy :)

Aloha Jen,
Looks like a bunch of fun happy ukers...sooo cool!! wish I was there... thanks for sharing....MM Stan

Hey Aussies, have you heard the ongoing hangover joke we have over here? "It's a long way to the shop if you want a Sausage Roll"?

I am learning a few AC DC songs and I know it just feels good to play them power chords.

My plan was to play my harmonica on that horn section of this song. .

Where is the chords for the tune?

Top Bottom