1920s Martin Style 0

savagehenry

Reaction score
SOLD 1920s Martin Style 0

SOLD I have an early Martin Style 0 that I am looking to sell or trade so I can get a tenor. Does anyone know of a dealer other than Elderly that will buy or trade for vintage ukes? It has a few issues.

Thanks,

Attachments

• MR1.jpg
    MR1.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 51
  • MR6.jpg
    MR6.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 46
  • MR4.jpg
    MR4.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 57
  • MR3.jpg
    MR3.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 51
  • MR5.jpg
    MR5.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
What would you be willing to sell it for?? As far as issues... meaning those cracks on the back & the "dug out" string holes on the bridge? Both pretty common for the age of the uke, and if the cracks are stable, may not need repairing.

I had the cracks on the back repaired/stabilized by a luthier. He replaced the tuning pegs (I think only one was original and I still have them) with ebony violin pegs. The "dug out" string holes are bothersome, have to tie big knots. The frets look worn and the a-string buzzes when you strum it open and the first few frets. I just put Martin strings on it this morning and it sounds better.

I don't really know how much it is worth in this condition, just wanted to trade it or sell it to get a decent tenor.

Aloha Brian,
It has too many cracks..for me...and kinda rough. I would offer about the 300.00 range....if you take it to a dealer, you will probally get half for it.. best to sell sell it to a private buyer or
in the marketplace here and or Flea Market Music, Craigslist....and last ebay.. that way no dealer gets a cut...and more in your pocket..

I'd say you'd most likely get your best deal by selling it here on UU.

Here are some folks, however, who buy and sell old stuff:

George Gruhn in Nashville, TN
Jimmy's Guitar Emporium in Louisville, KY

I guess I'll take some more pictures of it (with my screen name and date) and post it here for sale or trade. Thanks.

Have any particular tenor in mind that you would trade for?

SOLD So I would like to sell or trade my Martin. As mentioned above it has some repaired cracks and replaced tuners. The dug out bridge will probably require repair or the use of glass beads. The a-string buzzes a little open and frets 1-3, but is clear when played higher up. I think this uke is from the 20s and would make a great addition to someones collection. I just don't know what to do with it and would rather invest my money in a new uke than fix this up. I'll be willing to answer any further questions or send more pics. I am asking $375 shipped CONUS. I am also open to trading for a solid wood tenor.
attachment.php

Last edited:
Top Bottom