PDA

View Full Version : UU VIP Program

rayan
04-24-2011, 09:08 AM
The Ukulele Underground Forums have quickly grown to into one of the best online resources for all things ukulele. The forum is provided free of charge to anyone who wishes to participate, however we now offer a VIP membership for those wishing to contribute to help us with our expenses and keep the site up and running. By becoming a UU VIP you will be directly contributing to keep UU alive and you will also receive a slew of great benefits for becoming a VIP member.

Benefits:

Access to VIP Boards. no spam, no promos, just a place to talk story and hang out
No more ads in the forum once you login
Increased PM box (now up to 200 messages)
UU VIP badge
set you own user title (no more boring "senior member")
participate in UU VIP contests and giveaways (we're bringing back the contests for UU VIPs only)
Premium support for technical issues
Be on the guest list for LIVE VIP events when the UU guys goes on tour
Know you are helping UU and the ukulele movement stay strong!

To become a UU VIP is just $5 / month or $45 / year.

You can sign up here (http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/payments.php) (need to be logged in to see page)

mm stan
04-24-2011, 02:50 PM
Aloha Rayan,
Is there another way to donate other than Pay Pal...would be glad to...let me know...MM Stan

GreatGazukes
04-24-2011, 03:18 PM
Where may I read the terms and conditions? Principally, renewals and the terms on cancelling my subscription.

Thanks

rayan
04-24-2011, 06:39 PM
Aloha Rayan,
Is there another way to donate other than Pay Pal...would be glad to...let me know...MM Stan

Hi stan, sure what method would you perfer?

rayan
04-24-2011, 06:39 PM
Where may I read the terms and conditions? Principally, renewals and the terms on cancelling my subscription.

Thanks

Both plans are recurring, $5/month or $45/year. You can cancel at any time through paypal.

Rzr
04-24-2011, 06:42 PM
Can I have it so it doesn't say VIP? Just wondering.

rayan
04-24-2011, 06:52 PM
Can I have it so it doesn't say VIP? Just wondering.

Doesn't have the badge or changing your title? One of the benefits of having the VIP status is you can change your user title, instructions are in the VIP forum.

Rzr
04-24-2011, 06:56 PM
Doesn't have the badge or changing your title? One of the benefits of having the VIP status is you can change your user title, instructions are in the VIP forum.

Wondering about the badge. I'm glad I can help you guys out, without you I wouldn't have the ukulele in my life, but was just wondering if it could be hidden. Either way. I just prefer to not look fancy.

experimentjon
04-24-2011, 07:17 PM

Thanks

Completely possible, and not difficult to do if you like to control your subscriptions. I wanted to give a little bit to UU, but personally like to control my own payments, so I just canceled the recurring payments. Took all of 30 seconds.

Heh, and what can I say, I like to look fancy. :P

----------------------------------------------------------------
Cancelling Your Subscription
----------------------------------------------------------------

If you would like to cancel this subscription, log in to your PayPal account and go to the "History" subtab of the "My Account" tab. Choose "Subscriptions" from the pull-down "Show" menu and press the "Submit" button. Choose this subscription, and click on its "Details" link. You will be taken to a Transaction Details page from which you may cancel your subscription. Cancelling your subscription will immediately stop all future scheduled payments for this subscription.

GreatGazukes
04-24-2011, 07:28 PM
Ah, thanks for that Jon,

When I went to the link for subscribing, it took me straight to Paypal and I was hesitant about proceeding further without a clear directive of future payments. I've been stung before on another Forum which automatically deducted your renewal, without providing any notification prior to money being deducted. I felt cheated then. I would not like to rekindle that emotion here at UU.

Cheers.

experimentjon
04-24-2011, 07:31 PM
Well, you can proceed without fear now. :)

mm stan
04-25-2011, 06:18 AM
Hi stan, sure what method would you perfer?
Would a check be acceptable.....anything to help...and do you have an address where I can mail it too..Stan

sukie
04-25-2011, 06:44 AM
I just prefer to not look fancy.

But...but.....but....Ramon -- you ARE fancy.

freedive135
07-31-2011, 10:48 AM
I've not been around these shores for a while..... but still have been spreading the word!
I'll toss you all the monthly bone!

kaizersoza
08-22-2011, 06:50 AM
i have been trying to joinUU+ for the last 2 nights and it won't let me use paypal to pay the monthly $15, HELP

allUkedup
01-04-2012, 05:53 PM
So what exactly is the difference between this VIP membership and the UU+ membership?

If I got one, would that give me the other?

IrishKevin
03-11-2012, 02:45 PM
i am unable to pm rayan for what ever reason...curious if there is a military discount? Marines don't make much haha!

coolkayaker1
03-11-2012, 04:53 PM
I signed up today for UU+, when I thought I was signing up for UU VIP. It's probably best; I could use some lessons. So, I don't want a refund, I was just happy to find something UU related that I could sign up for and not get a recurring payment.

I'm with the couple of posters below--no matter how easy it is for me to remember to go onto Paypal and unsubscribe, I do not want recurring payments. Maybe, as mmstan says, if a check can be sent, that would not be subject to recurring payments? I'll await answers from Rayan et al as they pop up on this thread.

Drew Bear
03-11-2012, 05:56 PM
So what exactly is the difference between this VIP membership and the UU+ membership? If I got one, would that give me the other?
UU VIP is mostly a way to support the site. See the first post in this thread for the details.

UU+ is primarily to provide online uke lessons. As far as I can tell, you don't get the VIP privileges or vice versa.
http://ukuleleunderground.com/uuplus/

Asrafrate
08-03-2012, 02:22 PM
Signed up for a year. This site has been a wealth of knowledge, and I am more than happy to help contribute to it :)

Nicko
01-26-2013, 03:39 PM
Signed up a couple days ago! Glad you're here!

mm stan
01-26-2013, 03:42 PM
Congrats and thank you for supporting UU......now you've got more PM space...woo hhoo

coolkayaker1
01-26-2013, 05:57 PM
Congrats and thank you for supporting UU......now you've got more PM space...woo hhoo

Have the automatic, recurring payments fort UU VIP ceased yet, Stan et al?

uku101
09-12-2013, 03:44 PM
:) nice post,thank you

davidrboy
01-29-2014, 10:04 AM
Anyone know how to stop the recurring payments? Paypal is telling me that UU in single handedly trying to renew my VIP status. I would like to renew. But on my own. I don't like auto-renew functions pinging my paypal account.

Thanks.

Nickie
03-08-2016, 11:29 AM
I just signed up for UU Deluxe VIP status. Gonna log out/login and give it a whirl!

shanmoon
11-20-2018, 07:42 AM
Now supporting UU with a VIP membership as of this last week. Honestly, I feel bad I waited so long to do so given the massive volume of information here. It is a nice complement to my UU+ membership. Really glad these two sites exist.