PDA

View Full Version : UU VIP Program

rayan
04-24-2011, 09:14 AM
XPost of Uke Talk sticky

The Ukulele Underground Forums have quickly grown to into one of the best online resources for all things ukulele. The forum is provided free of charge to anyone who wishes to participate, however we now offer a VIP membership for those wishing to contribute to help us with our expenses and keep the site up and running. By becoming a UU VIP you will be directly contributing to keep UU alive and you will also receive a slew of great benefits for becoming a VIP member.

Benefits:

Access to VIP Boards. no spam, no promos, just a place to talk story and hang out
No more ads in the forum once you login
Increased PM box (now up to 200 messages)
UU VIP badge
set you own user title (no more boring "senior member")
participate in UU VIP contests and giveaways (we're bringing back the contests for UU VIPs only)
Premium support for technical issues
Be on the guest list for LIVE VIP events when the UU guys goes on tour
Know you are helping UU and the ukulele movement stay strong!

To become a UU VIP is just $5 / month or $45 / year.

You can sign up here (http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/payments.php) (need to be logged in to see page)

shrink9
04-24-2011, 09:28 AM
I think that I just got to be the first to join!! Whoopeeeeee!!!!!

I love everything you guys do for us. It is $45 well spent.

rayan
04-24-2011, 09:31 AM
I think that I just got to be the first to join!! Whoopeeeeee!!!!!

I love everything you guys do for us. It is $45 well spent.

Thank you very much.

Pueo
04-24-2011, 09:36 AM
I am happy to support UU. I am joining for the year on Payday (Thursday!).

fitncrafty
04-24-2011, 09:53 AM
XPost of Uke Talk sticky

The Ukulele Underground Forums have quickly grown to into one of the best online resources for all things ukulele. The forum is provided free of charge to anyone who wishes to participate, however we now offer a VIP membership for those wishing to contribute to help us with our expenses and keep the site up and running. By becoming a UU VIP you will be directly contributing to keep UU alive and you will also receive a slew of great benefits for becoming a VIP member.

Benefits:

Access to VIP Boards. no spam, no promos, just a place to talk story and hang out
UU VIP badge
participate in UU VIP contests and giveaways (we're bringing back the contests for UU VIPs only)

You can sign up here (http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/payments.php) (need to be logged in to see page)

Is there going to be an email for UUU students as you stated something about that during your announcements during the awards? Does this also give access to UUU class archives as was announced yesterday?
Thanks!

rayan
04-24-2011, 09:54 AM
Is there going to be an email for UUU students as you stated something about that during your announcements during the awards? Does this also give access to UUU class archives as was announced yesterday?
Thanks!

No that is a program called UU+ which will be rolled out next month. Will have more details on that soon.

ukeeku
04-24-2011, 10:24 AM
Sounds good to me.

rayan
04-24-2011, 10:28 AM
Sounds good to me.

Thanks very much!

velofille
04-24-2011, 10:30 AM
count me in!

rayan
04-24-2011, 10:34 AM
count me in!

Thanks much! We really appreciate the support.

SailQwest
04-24-2011, 10:43 AM
I like this!

velofille
04-24-2011, 10:43 AM
UU VIP Porgram <- just noticed thats spelt slightly wrong ... did you mean program ?

808boy
04-24-2011, 10:44 AM
Aloha Rayan,
I'm proud to be a member and I'm even more proud to offer my support.......paypal?

rayan
04-24-2011, 10:47 AM
I like this!

Thanks for the support Rich!

rayan
04-24-2011, 10:47 AM
Aloha Rayan,
I'm proud to be a member and I'm even more proud to offer my support.......paypal?

yep, its paypal.

SailQwest
04-24-2011, 10:49 AM
Thanks for the support Rich!

This is Kim. Rich is SailorQwest. But that's okay. Nobody ever remembers my name...

rayan
04-24-2011, 10:50 AM
This is Kim. Rich is SailorQwest. But that's okay. Nobody ever remembers my name...

Doh! I'm sorry Kim, I didn't even realize you guys have two accounts, didn't you both post as one before?

SailQwest
04-24-2011, 10:55 AM
Doh! I'm sorry Kim, I didn't even realize you guys have two accounts, didn't you both post as one before?

We used to share one, but Rich started his own a couple of years ago. He doesn't post very much, mostly just reads.

AnnaUK
04-24-2011, 11:02 AM
This is a great idea :)

You were talking about video open mics yesterday during the Undies show. Is this for the VIP area or UU+?

(Sorry to be a question hound... :uhoh: )

Anna :D

rayan
04-24-2011, 11:04 AM
This is a great idea :)

You were talking about video open mics yesterday during the Undies show. Is this for the VIP area or UU+?

(Sorry to be a question hound... :uhoh: )

Anna :D

Hi Anna,

this is just for the forum although some parts like the contests do overlap with the upcoming UU+. Basically the long and short of it is , UU VIP = help keep the forum up and support the forum. UU+ = want to learn more and get better at the ukulele.

Squid503
04-24-2011, 11:14 AM
Im in, I sign up once i get paid. U guys ever tour out to portland?

rayan
04-24-2011, 11:15 AM
Im in, I sign up once i get paid. U guys ever tour out to portland?

We are trying to get to the PNW this year. I went to school in oregon so hopefully can return to my old stomping grounds.

AnnaUK
04-24-2011, 11:19 AM
this is just for the forum although some parts like the contests do overlap with the upcoming UU+. Basically the long and short of it is , UU VIP = help keep the forum up and support the forum. UU+ = want to learn more and get better at the ukulele.

THANK YOU for the speedy response!

I must say, I really enjoyed the last open mic, it was good to see so much talent :)

philpot
04-24-2011, 11:27 AM
I think ima hold off on this till I know what the UU+ entails. Learning more and getting better sounds like my kinda deal.

Tack
04-24-2011, 12:34 PM
Count me in!...1st Aussie??

You guys work so hard to spread the word of UKE... how can we not support ya!
Maholo to all the UU team!!
:cool:

velofille
04-24-2011, 12:54 PM
I think ima hold off on this till I know what the UU+ entails. Learning more and getting better sounds like my kinda deal.

dude, its $5 - really?

mm stan
04-24-2011, 12:55 PM
Aloha Rayan,
Glad to support UU and I am proud and honor to be a member...I don't have a Pay Pal account...is there any other convienient way to send the payment to you...Stan

velofille
04-24-2011, 12:58 PM

In fact, since you are browsing the website, and using it already and done almost 500 posts , ill give you a breakdown on what things cost. I work in IT, servers specifically, so im only estimating this here.

Server cost: Probably around $200USD a month (depending on setup)
Time Cost: Probably a crapload to maintain, spam detecting on forum, server upgrades, backups, mainenance etc
Domain cost: probably diddly, but its a yearly cost
Current Income: whatever they get donated currently and adverts - probably not covering costs.

So currently, they would probably be running at a loss, which they are paying for themselves, to provide you guys with the resources you are using free of charge.
If regular users paid the $5 , they could cover costs they have currently and not be out of pocket.

Currently those not donating are pretty much taking money out of their pocket :)

Tack
04-24-2011, 01:00 PM
Hey Rayan
Anyway of giving a subscription as a gift?
Just thinking.....

shrink9
04-24-2011, 01:10 PM
When the UU+ comes out, will we be able to upgrade if we have already subscribed?

Lori
04-24-2011, 01:22 PM
I'm in! I love this sight, and you guys do a great job! I am looking forward to quicker loading times, now that I don't have to wait for banner ads to load. It might be nice to have some t-shirts made that the VIPs can purchase.

–Lori

rayan
04-24-2011, 01:23 PM
When the UU+ comes out, will we be able to upgrade if we have already subscribed?

We wil work out something for uu vips for uu+. Sorry typing this from my phone. Thanks to all the new vips, you guys don't know how much it helps.

velofille
04-24-2011, 01:30 PM
ps. Sorry if i seemed ranty or pointing to anyone in particular! Was not my intention, just wanted to point out the guys great work :)

dkcrown
04-24-2011, 01:34 PM
This is a no brainer. You guys do a great job and I am more than happy to support you. Now I have to deicide what my new UU VIP user tag will be. I realy like the idea of increased PM capacity. Thanks again guys.

Tack
04-24-2011, 01:34 PM
ps. Sorry if i seemed ranty or pointing to anyone in particular! Was not my intention, just wanted to point out the guys great work :)

That's cool Velo... this is UU - you may rant if needed - anyway - I cut ya some slack 'cause you are from NZ :p
And yep - as someone who has dabbled in running a board (not attempting the whole site!) their work is amazing :D

dkcrown
04-24-2011, 01:50 PM
Ryan, how do I change my UU VIP user title?

dkcrown
04-24-2011, 01:56 PM
Never mind. I saw your post in the VIP section. :)

gnomethang
04-24-2011, 02:18 PM
UU VIP Porgram <- just noticed thats spelt slightly wrong ... did you mean program ?

Yep! he meant pogrom!

GreatGazukes
04-24-2011, 02:37 PM
Oh well here I go making an ass of my self, again.

Really I'd have preferred that you had brought the price down way low and made all contributing posters members. Free perusal of the site, but if you wished to be part of the discussion and ask for help etc, you need to be a paid up member. I'm a bit sad that we will have two levels of UU membership. From my experiences elsewhere, the "members" tend to have an elitist attitude, and having special user titles tends to give such members an aura of exclusivness that can be retarding for non "members". The joy of UU for me has been the willingness for members to share their knowledge with candour and alloha spirit, as I felt that we were all equalls and one person's opinion was as valid as the next. The assuming of user titles in my opinion jeopardizes that equality.

This comment does not in any way diminish my high esteem of this forum and it's members, nor my thanks and regards to the creators and maintainers of the forum. Heck I dont even begrudge the $$$. But a change has been wrought to our ukulele home. As a confirmed luddite, I lament that change.

Cheers, Tony

(mmmm when I have paid up I wonder if will I keep the UU VIP user title to provide my self with sufficient gravitas to post such comments? I'll probably cow and do so)

pithaya9
04-24-2011, 02:38 PM
Hey Guys, I'm in for the year. Well worth the money to keep UU up and running, plus you need to make something for your time. Thanks again Rayan, Aldrine and all the staff at UU.

Jack

UncleElvis
04-24-2011, 02:48 PM
I was pleased until I realized this wasn't for the UU VIP Porgram. I was looking forward to that.
Now? I just don't know how I feel.

Raygf
04-24-2011, 02:53 PM
Yearly subscription paid. Thanks and keep on doing what you do.

Regards,
Ray

Moore Bettah Ukuleles
04-24-2011, 03:30 PM
Hey, How come I no get one star like Rayan get?

UncleElvis
04-24-2011, 03:34 PM
Hey, How come I no get one star like Rayan get?

I think those are for mods.

And you got enough work to do, sir!

UkePhilly
04-24-2011, 03:35 PM
Happy to support UU -- I'm in...

rayan
04-24-2011, 03:55 PM

Really I'd have preferred that you had brought the price down way low and made all contributing posters members. Free perusal of the site, but if you wished to be part of the discussion and ask for help etc, you need to be a paid up member. I'm a bit sad that we will have two levels of UU membership. From my experiences elsewhere, the "members" tend to have an elitist attitude, and having special user titles tends to give such members an aura of exclusivness that can be retarding for non "members". The joy of UU for me has been the willingness for members to share their knowledge with candour and alloha spirit, as I felt that we were all equalls and one person's opinion was as valid as the next. The assuming of user titles in my opinion jeopardizes that equality.

This comment does not in any way diminish my high esteem of this forum and it's members, nor my thanks and regards to the creators and maintainers of the forum. Heck I dont even begrudge the $$$. But a change has been wrought to our ukulele home. As a confirmed luddite, I lament that change.

Cheers, Tony

(mmmm when I have paid up I wonder if will I keep the UU VIP user title to provide my self with sufficient gravitas to post such comments? I'll probably cow and do so)

Well, UU VIPs do help keep the forum running so I guess they deserve a little pat on the back for the rest of the people. right? :)

Tack
04-24-2011, 04:03 PM

Cheers, Tony

Hey Tony -
no worries, that is a valid viewpoint.
However.. :D...
I suspect you are under-estimating UU'ers. This forum is different IMHO, just like Uke players are kinda different too. Over all we are more inclusive and like to get involved with others. I also suspect that the UU VIP area will be a MINOR aspect of the forums with most people (VIP included) posting on the 'outer' boards.

And from my perspective - if this is what is needed to keep UU going - for $5/month or $45/year - I am all for it. Economic reality.

But again - your viewpoint is certainly welcomed by me just think you may be too cynical.

UncleElvis
04-24-2011, 04:05 PM
Well, UU VIPs do help keep the forum running so I guess they deserve a little pat on the back for the rest of the people. right? :)

Exactly.
It's ok to be treated special when you do something special.

GreatGazukes
04-24-2011, 04:19 PM

I think Rayan a forum which engenders aloha spirit is a forum worth running.

The posts of so many hints, tips, techniques, encouragement, support, fellowship, gifts, amusement, controversy, opinions, leads, facts, et cetera provide the forum with it's content and worth. The freedom members have felt to add to this content is I feel being eroded somewhat.

I certainly do not support an argument about the validity of financially supporting the UU. Basic economics is that what costs money must be paid for :). But a segregation of UU membership makes me sad.

Cheers, Tony

philpot
04-24-2011, 04:36 PM
In fact, since you are browsing the website, and using it already and done almost 500 posts , ill give you a breakdown on what things cost. I work in IT, servers specifically, so im only estimating this here.

Server cost: Probably around $200USD a month (depending on setup)
Time Cost: Probably a crapload to maintain, spam detecting on forum, server upgrades, backups, mainenance etc
Domain cost: probably diddly, but its a yearly cost
Current Income: whatever they get donated currently and adverts - probably not covering costs.

So currently, they would probably be running at a loss, which they are paying for themselves, to provide you guys with the resources you are using free of charge.
If regular users paid the $5 , they could cover costs they have currently and not be out of pocket.

Currently those not donating are pretty much taking money out of their pocket :)

I am a 16 year old boy, with a limited income and no job... I do not begrudge a $45/year cost, and will gladly pay it at the end of next week when I have the money! I was simply saying, based on Rayans description, that UU+ sounded like my kinda thing, and without knowing how much it will cost I would prefer to hold out. However, his subsequent post about "working something out" for those already helping out makes me certain I will in fact donate at the end of next week. No need to get testy about my desire to donate to whichever "program" would be best for my specific desires.

rayan
04-24-2011, 04:41 PM
I am a 16 year old boy, with a limited income and no job... I do not begrudge a $45/year cost, and will gladly pay it at the end of next week when I have the money! I was simply saying, based on Rayans description, that UU+ sounded like my kinda thing, and without knowing how much it will cost I would prefer to hold out. However, his subsequent post about "working something out" for those already helping out makes me certain I will in fact donate at the end of next week. No need to get testy about my desire to donate to whichever "program" would be best for my specific desires.
Yup UU+ is going to be great for those looking to level up their uke skills. Some are interested in that and some are not. That's why we're creating 2 programs. Both help keep the site going. Thanks for your support Phil!

UncleElvis
04-24-2011, 05:10 PM
I'll be joining in UU+, too!

Tack
04-24-2011, 05:12 PM
I'll be joining in UU+, too!

:agree: :agree:

And E - get into the jam......

Lexxy
04-24-2011, 05:24 PM
Waiting for my money to be transferred to PayPal :D

velofille
04-24-2011, 05:31 PM
Whats the UU+ one about? that sounds good too!

experimentjon
04-24-2011, 07:08 PM
Ryan,

Thanks for bringing back the retro UU colors. It has been quite a while since we've had these. But I just paid for a year of VIP. I figure that since I already pay for another private knife forum, why not UU as well. (On that forum you need to be a paying member to list things for sale...helps to avoid fraud.)

I've learned a lot about playing ukulele from Aldrine, and the stuff that you and Aaron put together. So despite my great stinginess, when I saw this announcement, I knew that giving a little bit back to you guys was the right thing to do. I don't play very much ukulele any more since I'm so busy with preparing for the CPA and CFA exams, work, and school, but I really do appreciate the good service that you guys have provided with UU. The monthly video lessons themselves are worth it.

I'll probably manually renew it at the end of the year too. (I do the same thing with all my magazine subscriptions...as taught by Ramit Sethi, author of I Will Teach You to Be Rich.)

Thanks again, and keep up the good work. You guys need to come down to Oahu sometime over the summer and do a huge meet and greet! I haven't seen Aldrine in forever.

rayan
04-24-2011, 07:17 PM
Ryan,

Thanks for bringing back the retro UU colors. It has been quite a while since we've had these. But I just paid for a year of VIP. I figure that since I already pay for another private knife forum, why not UU as well. (On that forum you need to be a paying member to list things for sale...helps to avoid fraud.)

I've learned a lot about playing ukulele from Aldrine, and the stuff that you and Aaron put together. So despite my great stinginess, when I saw this announcement, I knew that giving a little bit back to you guys was the right thing to do. I don't play very much ukulele any more since I'm so busy with preparing for the CPA and CFA exams, work, and school, but I really do appreciate the good service that you guys have provided with UU. The monthly video lessons themselves are worth it.

I'll probably manually renew it at the end of the year too. (I do the same thing with all my magazine subscriptions...as taught by Ramit Sethi, author of I Will Teach You to Be Rich.)

Thanks again, and keep up the good work. You guys need to come down to Oahu sometime over the summer and do a huge meet and greet! I haven't seen Aldrine in forever.
Thanks Jon, we will have to do a meet up on Oahu one of these days again.

sukie
04-24-2011, 07:21 PM
Does being a VIP mean I can request a Midwest U.S. tour in the near future? just askin'......

velofille
04-24-2011, 07:22 PM
I like the idea of the being a VIP to buy/sell :D

pcspud
04-24-2011, 07:30 PM
Another Aussie joins the VIP club

velofille
04-24-2011, 07:32 PM

Oh Dear, not sure thats a good thing :)

Tack
04-24-2011, 07:49 PM
Originally Posted by pcspud

Oh Dear, not sure thats a good thing :)

Watch it Kiwi... we have our eyes on you! :p

bbycrts
04-24-2011, 08:15 PM
We are trying to get to the PNW this year. I went to school in oregon so hopefully can return to my old stomping grounds.

YES! This would give me the chance to finally stick it back in Salukulady's face that I got to play with the UU boys in my stomping grounds instead of her always getting to bask in your glow! Come on over already!

davoomac
04-24-2011, 08:21 PM
Woohoo! glad my 45 bux could go to something worthwhile! Good job guys n keep up the good work!

experimentjon
04-24-2011, 08:29 PM
Woohoo! glad my 45 bux could go to something worthwhile! Good job guys n keep up the good work!

Hoooo, haven't seen this guy around UU for like forever!

mds725
04-24-2011, 08:58 PM
I just signed up for a year. I'm happy to support a forum that has been so supportive. Mahalos and aloha!

Uncle Leroy
04-24-2011, 09:07 PM
OK, I paid, when do I get to make up my own cool title? Seriously, I think it is a great idea and would encourage other members to participate.

Tack
04-24-2011, 09:23 PM
OK, I paid, when do I get to make up my own cool title? Seriously, I think it is a great idea and would encourage other members to participate.

Cool title change available in your settings :)

bunnyrawr
04-24-2011, 10:15 PM
:D I'll be happy to sign up once I get paid, and I'd love to sign up for the UU+ too, so that I'm able to learn more!
This is an awesome idea, and considering the costs that go into a website like this it's good value too, so thank you guys :)

velofille
04-24-2011, 11:43 PM
Watch it Kiwi... we have our eyes on you! :p

Oh dear! time to rally the Kiwis! :)

ADD
04-25-2011, 12:07 AM
XPost of Uke Talk sticky

Benefits:

UU VIP badge

Rayan,
I have a technical problem. I've donated twice in the past year using PayPal with my PayPal Extras MasterCard without difficulty. When I clicked on your PayPal link to pay, I get a notice that I do not have a card linked to PayPal and need to link a card to PayPal. Frustrating. Is there an UU email address that I can use to send the money to you. I just used PayPal for 2 transactions, using the card that is linked to my account: their very own PayPal Extras MC. Ready and willing to do this - give me the link I used to donate - that one worked. Help.

Bonita

ukeeku
04-25-2011, 05:55 AM
HEY, why is this not on the front page?
Oh, there it is :)

tattwo
04-25-2011, 06:47 AM
ok ok ok..............I'm in :D I love this place

rayan
04-25-2011, 08:25 AM
ok ok ok..............I'm in :D I love this place

Thank you :)

Mandarb
04-25-2011, 08:35 AM
I would like to contribute. How do we sign up if we do not have a paypal account?

Skitzic
04-25-2011, 08:37 AM
I would like to contribute. How do we sign up if we do not have a paypal account?

I saw a link somewhere that said you can pay with a CC if you don't have a paypal account. It was towards the bottom.

ukeshale
04-25-2011, 08:42 AM
A big thank you to you guys for everything you provide us with. There's no better place than here :)

Skitzic
04-25-2011, 08:46 AM
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn5/Skitzic/paypal.gif

hoosierhiver
04-25-2011, 08:51 AM
I can't wait till I get the key to the VIP lounge!

Mandarb
04-25-2011, 08:53 AM
I saw a link somewhere that said you can pay with a CC if you don't have a paypal account. It was towards the bottom.

Got it - thanks.

UKISOCIETY
04-25-2011, 08:59 AM

Grab me a mint while you're in there, eh?

salukulady
04-25-2011, 09:03 AM
I can't wait till I get the key to the VIP lounge!Think of the fancy bathrooms you'll have. Please sneak me in, Mike.

hoosierhiver
04-25-2011, 09:09 AM
Think of the fancy bathrooms you'll have. Please sneak me in, Mike.

The sundae bar is supposed to be awesome!

sukie
04-25-2011, 09:26 AM
It's all black jelly beans, too. If that's what you want.

salukulady
04-25-2011, 09:37 AM
and sprinkles.....I want sprinkles!

Balsa Dust
04-25-2011, 10:40 AM
It's all black jelly beans, too. If that's what you want.

You had me until you said "Black Jelly Beans"! :stop::rotfl:

salukulady
04-25-2011, 11:17 AM
You had me until you said "Black Jelly Beans"! :stop::rotfl:That's okay....just sneak them out the door to me....I'll take care of them.

sonicbaker
04-25-2011, 03:48 PM
Happy to join and to support. Its a great community.

haolejohn
04-25-2011, 04:25 PM

me either. I heard they talk about ukuleles in there:)

14twelve
04-25-2011, 04:26 PM
I am so happy to have this chance to support the UU guys! Without UU, I would have given up playing the ukulele after a few days, I'm sure. Absolutely everything I learned when I started playing was through Aldrine's lessons, and through posts from members on this forum. Then friendships I've developed through this forum have made this so much more than just a hobby.

Thank you to the UU guys for giving us this opportunity to support the site, and help keep it going into the future!

Chris Tarman
04-25-2011, 04:32 PM
Ok, I'm in. I've gotten so much out of this forum that I am glad to give something back. Especially if it gets me MORE, lol.

pepamahina
04-25-2011, 05:12 PM
Hmmm. I have to say, I don't like the idea of a "members only" section on the forum. I would actually rather just donate and not have this special "club". I understand that the tip jar doesn't work...I haven't used it. But I definitely would respond to something like a yearly plea, like "pledge week" at PBS. I want to respond right now, but this format is actually inhibiting me from contributing. I don't like the idea of a VIP lounge where others are not allowed. Particularly when it is based on money. Before, if your "name" changed it was because you contributed content by posting, not because you paid up. So....what to do? I'm thinking I would rather just hit the tip jar, but then everyone would think that I didn't contribute because my title doesn't say "VIP". I am in a holding pattern until I see how this plays out.

salukulady
04-25-2011, 05:17 PM
Hmmm. I have to say, I don't like the idea of a "members only" section on the forum. I would actually rather just donate and not have this special "club". I understand that the tip jar doesn't work...I haven't used it. But I definitely would respond to something like a yearly plea, like "pledge week" at PBS. I want to respond right now, but this format is actually inhibiting me from contributing. I don't like the idea of a VIP lounge where others are not allowed. Particularly when it is based on money. Before, if your "name" changed it was because you contributed content by posting, not because you paid up. So....what to do? I'm thinking I would rather just hit the tip jar, but then everyone would think that I didn't contribute because my title doesn't say "VIP". I am in a holding pattern until I see how this plays out.the naysayers have already forced the closing of two threads regarding this......could we possibly keep this one light and easy?

sukie
04-25-2011, 05:19 PM
How stupid am I? I used the tip jar last week. I always start UU on the front page. How else would I know what's going on around here?

UKISOCIETY
04-25-2011, 05:40 PM
Hmmm. I have to say, I don't like the idea of a "members only" section on the forum. I would actually rather just donate and not have this special "club". I understand that the tip jar doesn't work...I haven't used it. But I definitely would respond to something like a yearly plea, like "pledge week" at PBS. I want to respond right now, but this format is actually inhibiting me from contributing. I don't like the idea of a VIP lounge where others are not allowed. Particularly when it is based on money. Before, if your "name" changed it was because you contributed content by posting, not because you paid up. So....what to do? I'm thinking I would rather just hit the tip jar, but then everyone would think that I didn't contribute because my title doesn't say "VIP". I am in a holding pattern until I see how this plays out.

If you're seeking status, you're in the wrong forum. It's live and let live here.

ukunuke
04-25-2011, 06:22 PM
I'm in. Great idea. You guys make logging on a blast!

FreakyBob
04-25-2011, 06:42 PM
I hear you pepamahina. Bottom line to me is to support this forum that I visit and enjoy several times each day. Can I imagine a time when it wouldn't be here??? I shutter.... though I'm sure my boss would think differently.

d-mace
04-25-2011, 06:58 PM
More than happy to join. I've enjoyed this site for 3 years now and have enjoyed seeing the UU team at the Cerritos Uke Fest the last couple of years. I hope this new program helps you guys out in the great work you're doing.

uke552
04-25-2011, 07:03 PM
One of my favorite places on the web-very happy to do my part!

aido
04-26-2011, 12:15 AM
Happy to kick in.

This place is a lot of fun and a valuable resource for me.

Thanks to all who keep the wheels turning.

HoldinCoffee
04-26-2011, 01:48 AM
If there's a special "members only" room, then great! Something great may come out of it. For those who don't get the Members Only jacket, we may just have to enjoy the parts of the forum that are open to us, continue to contribute in our own special way and remember, this is a UKE site. Its about ukes. Ukes are awesome.

thesillydave
04-26-2011, 04:49 AM
wow! i went from junior member to member...then to VIP! in only 6 months! only in america!
but really, i think this is a great site and i don't mind chipping in to keep it up and running...cheaper than a magazine subscription!
now, if this will only help my singing!
thanks to those in charge!

GX9901
04-26-2011, 05:08 AM
I've enjoyed this site since its inception, so hopefully these contributions will keep it running for a long time to come. Keep up the good work!

heymak
04-26-2011, 07:21 AM
XPost of Uke Talk sticky

Benefits:

UU VIP badge

The only one that matters to me.

Pueo
04-26-2011, 09:49 AM
I am happy to support UU. I am joining for the year on Payday (Thursday!).
I couldn't wait until Thursday.
Thanks to Aldrine, Ryan and Aaron and everyone else who makes UU happen.

ItsMrPitchy
04-26-2011, 11:23 AM
I cant come a VIP this month but will try to next month. I want to help this forum out anyway I can.

russ_buss
04-26-2011, 01:13 PM
mine came with a free massage. thanks Aaron!

salukulady
04-26-2011, 01:17 PM
mine came with a free massage. thanks Aaron!Pics or it didn't happen.

ksiegel
04-27-2011, 04:44 AM
Can we get gift UU VIP memberships for others? If so, how?

Thanks!

-Kurt

rem50
04-27-2011, 07:45 AM
is this still going on?

Rzr
04-27-2011, 07:46 AM
is this still going on?

Yepper doodle.

Gillian
04-27-2011, 11:18 AM
Here's my support, with thanks.

Mike Flannery
04-27-2011, 11:50 AM
Happy to join and help out. You guys are the best, Mike

Uke Whisperer
04-28-2011, 12:53 AM
I tried to subscribe, but...

Will there be payment options for those of us not choosing to have PayPal?

rem50
04-28-2011, 04:13 AM
I'm in too, How do I get the vip thingy? joined 2 days ago

Kanaka916
04-28-2011, 05:00 AM
I'm in too, How do I get the vip thingy? joined 2 days ago

All the info is on the 1st post . . .

musicmonsterw
04-28-2011, 03:03 PM
Happy to support UU!

uker62
04-29-2011, 10:21 AM
More than happy to support the people who gave me the uke.

Uke Whisperer
04-30-2011, 05:38 AM
Anyone know if there is an alternate method of VIP payment for us old folks that choose not to use PayPal, etc.?

Mobilecat
05-06-2011, 03:15 PM
I noticed that both memberships are re-occurring payments from paypal....How would we stop the reoccurence if we wanted to at some point down the road?

Once this process is outlined....count me in.

velofille
05-06-2011, 03:19 PM
I noticed that both memberships are re-occurring payments from paypal....How would we stop the reoccurence if we wanted to at some point down the road?

Once this process is outlined....count me in.

Its called a paypal subscription and you can cancel it from within paypal at any time you want very easily. They are used a lot for any recurring payment type :)

UkuleleHill
05-06-2011, 04:13 PM
Its called a paypal subscription and you can cancel it from within paypal at any time you want very easily. They are used a lot for any recurring payment type :)

Yup! More info here (https://www.paypal.com/helpcenter/main.jsp?cmd=_help&solutionId=27715&t=solutionTab):)

Mobilecat
05-19-2011, 07:01 PM
thanks for the explanation and link.... Im in. :)

gyosh
06-03-2011, 11:46 AM
I paid for the one year membership and had the cool VIP logo next to my name, but I haven't logged on to this site in a couple of weeks, and now I notice that my cool VIP logo has disappeared. Did I get kicked out of the club? What gives? Any ideas?

Thanks for your help,

-gyosh

gyosh
06-03-2011, 11:47 AM
Never mind. Been a long day :o)

-gyosh

Howie1947
06-06-2011, 02:51 AM
You guys need some other forms of payment like BofA or MasterCard. Some of us don't want to get involved with "PayPal".............

Lori
06-06-2011, 06:06 AM
I am using the "Square up" system for non-PayPal orders https://squareup.com/. You can take credit card orders over the phone for USA cardholders VISA, Discover, Master Card, and American Express. It has been working great for me.

Intuit has a similar system too http://intuit-gopayment.com/. I haven't tried that one yet. Both systems offer a credit card swiper for use with a phone or iPad.

–Lori

NotsoGoodyet
06-13-2011, 03:38 PM
I am not and will not be a paypal member. Let me know when I can subscribe by other means.

BadLands Bart
06-14-2011, 07:14 AM
You guys need some other forms of payment like BofA or MasterCard. Some of us don't want to get involved with "PayPal".............

Yep...not getting involved with paypal!!!!

chindog
08-21-2011, 03:16 PM
Not afraid of Paypal here. Just sent my donation.

Ron98GT
08-30-2011, 12:09 PM
Yeah, been using PayPal for years with no problems. Prefer to deal with businesses that offer PayPal, then only one business has my credit card info and it doesn't get blasted across the Internet.
:2cents:

uke4life
09-11-2011, 01:38 PM
PayPal is fine...EvilBay is of the devil!!! LOL

Thank for everything...

coolkayaker1
03-07-2012, 01:41 AM
I know some of you will be tempted to either school me on it, or chide me for it, but its how i feel.

When the recurring membership is gone, I'm in with both feet.

KimosTherapy
03-07-2012, 09:40 AM
I know some of you will be tempted to either school me on it, or chide me for it, but its how i feel.

When the recurring membership is gone, I'm in with both feet.

Ho, Bruddah coolkayaker1,

What do you have against recurring memberships?:confused: My inquiring mind wants to know.

Changing the subject ... how are you liking your Pono RTSH-E?

Aloha,

Kimo

DaveVisi
03-07-2012, 10:41 AM
Most people don't realize that you can go to PayPal and see a list of your recurring memberships and edit them accordingly.

coolkayaker1
03-07-2012, 05:20 PM
Ho, Bruddah coolkayaker1,

What do you have against recurring memberships?:confused: My inquiring mind wants to know.

Changing the subject ... how are you liking your Pono RTSH-E?

Aloha,

Kimo

Hi, Kimo. few reasons. Enough to think about in life without remembering to go into Paypal and edit out recurring payments. My credit card statement is long (three pages monthly), and I'd likely miss it. I don't want to belong and pay for anything forever, or by spotting something that has already been paid by Paypal and then trying to recoup the money--life's too short. I don't want to allow access on a recurrent basis to my Paypal account to anyone or any organization (and that's what signing up for recurrent payments allows, legally), I belong to at least six forums, from kayaking to hammocking (hammockforums.net) to writers/authors but none have only a recurrent payment system (most send a blast email asking for a renewal), so that's how I handle it.

That said, I believe firmly in owners of websites doing what they feel is best, business-wise, for themselves. They garner more revenue from recurrent memberships, then great. They weigh in, I'm sure, that a certain percentage of people feel as I do, and they determine for themselves if it's worthwhile to have only--and the key word here is only--recurrent memberships. Maybe there's 25% of forum users out here who feel as I do, and they'd be losing a ton with the policy. Maybe I'm the only one, and they'd gaining from having everyone renew, whether they thought of doing it or not (it just shows up on the credit card, bang).

I answer because you ask, Kimo. Nothing more, and not telling UU how to do things.

I do like the Pono, but getting used to tenor with my concert sized hands--well, the jury is still out on that one. lol THanks, man.

WOBster
03-08-2012, 05:22 AM
Per Rayan reportedly new website will be up soon and with that annual membership will be back...that is what I am waiting for...that I can remember to check! Just my personal opinion, no disrespect to anyone else intended.

KimosTherapy
03-10-2012, 10:55 AM
Hi, Kimo. few reasons. Enough to think about in life without remembering to go into Paypal and edit out recurring payments. My credit card statement is long (three pages monthly), and I'd likely miss it. I don't want to belong and pay for anything forever, or by spotting something that has already been paid by Paypal and then trying to recoup the money--life's too short. I don't want to allow access on a recurrent basis to my Paypal account to anyone or any organization (and that's what signing up for recurrent payments allows, legally), I belong to at least six forums, from kayaking to hammocking (hammockforums.net) to writers/authors but none have only a recurrent payment system (most send a blast email asking for a renewal), so that's how I handle it.

That said, I believe firmly in owners of websites doing what they feel is best, business-wise, for themselves. They garner more revenue from recurrent memberships, then great. They weigh in, I'm sure, that a certain percentage of people feel as I do, and they determine for themselves if it's worthwhile to have only--and the key word here is only--recurrent memberships. Maybe there's 25% of forum users out here who feel as I do, and they'd be losing a ton with the policy. Maybe I'm the only one, and they'd gaining from having everyone renew, whether they thought of doing it or not (it just shows up on the credit card, bang).

I answer because you ask, Kimo. Nothing more, and not telling UU how to do things.

I do like the Pono, but getting used to tenor with my concert sized hands--well, the jury is still out on that one. lol THanks, man.

Mahalo for answering my question, Brah!

You have a valid reason and I respect that. I hope you're getting a better feel for your Pono RTSH-E Tenor. The more time you spend playing your Pono, the more comfortable it will get. Have fun!

Aloha,

Kimo

coolkayaker1
03-11-2012, 07:27 AM
As mentioned in my recent post, I desired a non-recurring membership to UU. Maybe it's me that just didn't see it (and I now noticed it with the revamped and improved Home page), or maybe it was only now made available from UU, but either way, I see a one year, non-recurring annual payment option for UU+.

As promised, I'm in! With both feet. And bells on.

I appreciate this website sincerely, having learned much from the videos. Heck, I can now play Under the Bridge by RHCP thanks to UU!

So, signing up for a year, non-recurring, today. And appreciate the efforts of these young site owners.

Thanks, UU. Here I come, UU+. Bruddah, Kimo>> I'm in! Steve

Drew Bear
03-11-2012, 07:53 AM
Maybe it's me that just didn't see it...I see a one year, non-recurring annual payment option for UU+....Here I come, UU+. Bruddah, Kimo>> I'm in!
I think the annual membership to UU+ ($120) has always been non-recurring. It's the UU VIP annual membership ($45) that has been and still is recurring.

coolkayaker1
03-11-2012, 09:22 AM
Oh, crap. Thanks, Drewbear. So, now I'm uu plus but not VIP. Great. Just great.

KimosTherapy
03-11-2012, 10:20 AM

Ho, Bruddah Steve!

You're too FUNNY!!!:biglaugh: I guess when you saw the non-recurring annual payment option, you got super excited and pulled the trigger and signed up - only to realize when Bruddah Drew(Drew Bear) brought it to your attention that you signed up for the UU+ Membership, not the UU VIP Membership!!! That's a $75 difference!!! YIKES!!!

What are you going to do now???

On a serious note, I feel for you Brah. For some of us, due to this down economy, $75 is a lot of $$$. Hopefully you can get it straightened out somehow.

Aloha,

Kimo

coolkayaker1
03-11-2012, 06:26 PM
You must be a mind reader, Kimo. That's precisely what I did. I knee-jerked so fast at that non-recurring payment that I kicked myself in the forehead.

But, I could use some lessons, so I'm sticking with uu plus for a year. Cheers. And, Kimo, if that's you, Bruddah, on YouTube giving that lesson on thumb and forefinger strums live on that spruce Pono, you rock! What a pearl! And, if that's a different Kimo, then look him up, Kimo. Lol. Steve

kaizersoza
03-18-2012, 11:58 PM

just think of all the lessons your gonna get Steve, if i had lived stateside i would have definitely paid up for UU+ m8, just the time difference put me off, so i opted for the VIP and a nice badge to help the site keep rollin, catch ya soon

ukuleledaveey
03-19-2012, 12:40 AM
Hi ya Kaizer hows the new travel uke going ? i cant find a link to the vip donation now the site has changed any ideas ? messaged the site but not heard back, any words of wisdom would be appreciated :)

coolkayaker1
03-20-2012, 03:27 PM
just think of all the lessons your gonna get Steve, if i had lived stateside i would have definitely paid up for UU+ m8, just the time difference put me off, so i opted for the VIP and a nice badge to help the site keep rollin, catch ya soon

ks--This UU+ is great. I have to say. Loads of video content, I've yet to see or do anything live. You should still think about it.

kaizersoza
03-20-2012, 03:47 PM
ks--This UU+ is great. I have to say. Loads of video content, I've yet to see or do anything live. You should still think about it.
i will be puttin a vid up soon, been busy setting up a uke club in my hometown, still haven't got any decent recording equipment and that is my main stumbling block at the moment, still can't sing though

kaizersoza
03-20-2012, 03:55 PM
Hi ya Kaizer hows the new travel uke going ? i cant find a link to the vip donation now the site has changed any ideas ? messaged the site but not heard back, any words of wisdom would be appreciated :)

hi Dave, the travel uke is just fine thanx, as long as i don't play it straight after my Mainland or Fluke, welcome to th VIP by the way i was just looking to see how you donated what with the new front page and you were in, top man Dave

ukuleledaveey
03-21-2012, 04:25 AM
hi Dave, the travel uke is just fine thanx, as long as i don't play it straight after my Mainland or Fluke, welcome to th VIP by the way i was just looking to see how you donated what with the new front page and you were in, top man Dave
Hi ya mate, yeah they emailed me yesterday, apparently there is still a link somewwhere lol but they sent me the link so i could proceed trying to keep my eyes off that lovely old martin soprno that is for sale in the market section, i so want a vintage martin :( glad the travel uke is going well all the best from me :)

ksiegel
03-21-2012, 01:59 PM
I'm still trying to find out if there is a way - other than mailing a check - to buy a gift UU VIP membership for someone else.

I tried emailing Rayan at the "ryan at ukulelelunderground dot com" address in his signature, but no response.

Anyone else have a clue?

-Kurt

Tack
03-21-2012, 02:49 PM
I'm still trying to find out if there is a way - other than mailing a check - to buy a gift UU VIP membership for someone else.

I tried emailing Rayan at the "ryan at ukulelelunderground dot com" address in his signature, but no response.

Anyone else have a clue?

-Kurt

Not promising I have a clue ;) but I think Ryan is on vacation at the moment...
I also think that a gift UU VIP or UU+ option would be great!

coolkayaker1
03-22-2012, 05:49 PM
Especially great if the gift is for me.

flyingv8
04-21-2012, 02:11 AM
I am happy to finally be able to join! This is my fav site! Keep up the great work and may the goddess grant you Uke joy always!