PDA

View Full Version : Need info on uke

richB
07-28-2008, 11:11 PM
Purchasing a new uke on ebay from MGM. I am currently using a cheap leolani with aquila strings. I think it's a BIG upgrade, from what I'm currently using. My sklll level is: BEGINNER. Any info would be appreciated.
Mahalo in advance.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=250273680214&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=015

Boozelele
07-29-2008, 12:07 AM
Did you already win this uke? regardless, you will love it. you are right it is a huge upgrade from what you have...and if you are anything like the rest of us, this uke will just make you want another uke. Maybe a tenor, or a soprano, mahogany, or cedar, or mango or spruce....so don't worry that this one isn't perfect, there are plenty more in your future.

Jacman Rasta Bicycle
07-29-2008, 12:13 AM
you'll be very happy. Mike always does a nice set up.:bowdown:

richB
07-29-2008, 12:13 AM
I already won this one. I hear really good things about kala. Here and other internet research. I saw some really nice Kamaka and koaloha Ukes that were just too far out of my price range especially for my experience. Im learning pretty fast though. So as I progress I guess I probably will venture into new purchases. Is the particular one that I bought pretty decent for the price range? What would you have bought for under $300?

SamIAm
07-29-2008, 12:14 AM
Did you already win this uke? regardless, you will love it. you are right it is a huge upgrade from what you have...and if you are anything like the rest of us, this uke will just make you want another uke. Maybe a tenor, or a soprano, mahogany, or cedar, or mango or spruce....so don't worry that this one isn't perfect, there are plenty more in your future.

u knocked it right outta the ball park! I wish some one would have told me this when i bought my 2nd ukulele! it would have made choosing a lot easier!

richB
07-31-2008, 01:16 PM
I can't wait!!! It will be here tomorrow!!:D

Dino
07-31-2008, 01:53 PM
For $300, Mike would of probably suggested the Kala with Cedar top. My 11yo son needed a new uke so this was Mikes suggestion. KA-KC-CT. I think that was the model....it was a concert.

I hope you got your order or purchase in before Mike left. He is on the mainland for a convention and wont be back till August 4th.

Please post pics of your uke when you get it.

richB
07-31-2008, 08:22 PM
I'll definitely post pics. I think I got him right before he left. I got a tracking number and it shows a definite delivery tomorrow! Thanks for the info.

FHS-72
07-31-2008, 10:32 PM
congrats on your new uke. u can't go wrong with kalas and MGM.

Nuke-ulele
08-01-2008, 04:45 AM
I bought a Kala mahog laminate soprano yesterday as a gift for my best friend (a new dad) and I was actually shocked at how nice it was for an imported instrument that cost 60 bucks! Kala rukes!

richB
08-01-2008, 06:11 AM
congrats on your new uke. u can't go wrong with kalas and MGM.

Thanks so much. Its a BIG upgrade from my Leolani soprano. I know for a fact this won't be my last uke purchase.

cMejilla
08-03-2008, 08:05 AM
I know for a fact this won't be my last uke purchase.

There will never be a time where it's the last purchase.