Elderly sent me empty string packets? :(

Mraz

Reaction score
I ordered a pair of Alohi strings from Elderly, and when I opened the Alohi packet up there were no strings in the envelopes? Should I call them?

Aloha Emily,
I just ordered 3 sets from them and got it last week...and they all had strings..I ordered Ko'olau Alohi strings too...all three... Give them a call back and let them know...definetly...Good Luck, MM Stan
Just love them Alohi strings...I have ordered from them for a while now, and I get fast and good service...MM Stan

Last edited:
Of course you should call them! Maybe they got a bogus batch in and are sending out empty packets to others as well. Although I have to say that whoever packaged them up to send them out to you should have noticed that the envelopes didn't quite feel right.

Yeah, I figured it was a mistake, because I also ordered D'Addarios and those strings were in there. I'll call them tomorrow. I was really looking forward to trying the Alohis too!

Were they the extra-extra lights?
Call them. I've used them for strings for over 20 years and always had good service. They'll make it right.

Hi Mraz

Yes, call them. They may say "what? that's funny" and ignore you, and I can see their side. Without a concrete proof, they just may. On the other hand, it won't hurt to try. If Elderly cares, they might say "this guy's story is whacy enough to be true" and send you whatever you've ordered.

Also, they may have heard a same story from other customers previously.

Keep us updated.

FYI, once I got a Big Mac hamberger without any beef patties. That was MacDoanld off I-95 near NYC......

Happy pikcin
Chief

I purchased a set of tenor Koolau Mahana strings from Hawaii Music Supply in November. Just opened them last week, and the packet was missing the wound G string. The paper envelope looked completely flat, with no wrinkle or impression from where a string should have been. Makes me wonder if Koolau's QA is a little lacking. Would have called HMS but luckily the old wound G string was still in good shape.

I just purchased a few packets of other string brands from Elderly. All were intact.

Come on, they're Elderly, call them and explain, they'll make good on it.

One day in Wal-Mart I noticed all the bottles of "Mr and Mrs T" bloody mary mix were filled with, well, something clear. Water? Vodka? Some bloody mary flavored stuff that's clear, to make some cocktail I've not heard of? I finally just took one, opened it up, and took a taste. It was water. Talk about a QC problem! I took the opened bottle to Customer Service and explained what was up, I think they fixed it.

Doesn't fix that Mr and Mrs T bloody mary mix is pretty insipid without a good shot of rooster sauce though.

The point is, screw-ups happen.

Didn't Elderly hold a string sale, or is it still in progress? I think they will make good.

I ordered baritone strings from Elderly and they inadvertently sent me soprano strings. They were great on the phone and send me the right strings. They even told me to keep the strings I wasn't supposed to get. Definitely call, and please be nice to whoever answers the phone.

Better customer service for them to send out another set of strings whether they believe you or not. I would.

It all worked out :) great people over there!

Top Bottom