Musicandjewelry.com

the52blues

Reaction score
Hi Folks. I finally got my e-commerce site online. Besides ukes for sale I also sell music theme jewelry and watches. Please check it out and let me know what you think?
http://musicandjewelry.com

It looks like a great site. One comment: I tried the "enlarge image" function a couple of times (on the banjo ukes), and all I got was the same tiny image in a new window. You may want to fix this little quirk. Otherwise...hurrah! A Canadian site that sells ukes!

I love the idea and your site was easy to navigate. Do you really want to know what I think? I realize it is under construction, but I agree with the statements already that the images need to enlarge bigger. I would not be compelled to buy any jewlery the way it is currently displayed. You are probably planning on more inventory because you want an interesting sight that people will want to return to. Are you going to display samples of a newsletter? I wouldn't be compelled to sign up for a newsletter based on what I saw on the sight. I got excited seeing that old accordion on the website but no accordion related items. What I think is your site is under construction and I can't wait to see the finished product and shop for music related gift items.

I agree re. the accordion (I love accordions). If you're going to stick a picture of an accordion at the top of every page on your site, SELL ACCORDIONS or risk having disappointed accordion players click sadly away, never to return.

Thanks for all the suggestions. This is my first crack at trying it. The site I'm using comes with templates and you just plug in the info and it creates the page. Unfortunately, at the moment, the accordion was the only music related headliner. I chose it for now but when I find out how to use my own I am going to change it. I noticed that some of the pics did not enlarge too but apparently you can drag the corner of the image in the enlargement window to make it larger. The weakest part for me is the photography. I need to take better pics. I am also limited to 50 items at the monthly price I'm paying so I'm trying to group stuff together to keep the quantity low. I know I still have a lot of work to do but I really appreciate the help. Thanks.
Here's a youtube of the boat paddle http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDaBCdD1UXk

I like the mini harmonicas. But I would like to see a macro photo of it first, and maybe a link to a YouTube video if you think that would help sell it. I have a nephew who might like one of those, but I would have to be sure it was worth the money first, since a guy and non working harmonica necklace wouldn't really be necessary. I would like to see more of a 3/4 view on one so I can see the sound holes. You might want to give a dimension (1 inch long by 3/8 inch thick by 3/8 deep) in the description or have something that shows scale on the necklaces.

I can't tell if the top necklace is a uke or a guitar. That is a very important detail for us. Bigger photos are a must! If you need a better camera, get one! If you have photographer friends, use their expertise to upgrade your presentation.

I discovered doing my web store, that different browsers can make a difference in what your store looks like. Make sure you view the site on different systems too... when you see a computer in a store, check out your website using their system. Also check it on a mobile device if you can.

Good Luck.
–Lori

Last edited:
Good advice Lori. I know my pictures need to be better and more detailed as well as the descriptions. I'll be working on this, well...probably forever. I think it's a great idea to include a youtube link demo for the ukes. I'll work on that. Thanks to all. I really appreciate the input!

Regarding the size of the necklace harmonicas: you might consider of taking a picture of one while it is actually around somebody's neck. As Lori says, it's hard to judge just how big those things are. As well, I tried the whole "dragging the corner of the picture in the enlargement window to make it bigger" thing, and it didn't work. All the images remain teeny.

Sound samples might also be a good idea for the ukes. As well, I found myself wanting more information about some of them; you call them "custom made" but don't always say by whom. You could provide names and/or links to the makers' websites. That baritone uke is pretty and all, but I know absolutely nothing about it.

I've updated a few items. Got rid of the accordion, have a Flash intro and added a few more items. Still have to get the tripod out to steady my shaky photography and take some better pics. I will also need to work on better descriptions with measurements where applicable. Thanks so much for the advice and encouragement. I'm finding this to be a more daunting task than first realized.

Top Bottom