Grain fill compound

Timbuck

Reaction score
I noticed on my new Jet drum sander that when I sand some wood a little pyramid of fine dust particals builds up under the conveyor...So i placed a sheet of clean paper under the belt and collected a sample..Mrs Timbuck says it's just the job for her grain filling duties...it fills the pores nicely...So now she wants samples of all the woods:)
PICT0003-1.jpg

Yep, that's good idea, but it probably means your dust extracting equipment isn't working effeciently. Occasionally when I need ebony dust I'll shut off the vacuum while I sand some fretboards and collect it under the conveyor belt.

Last edited:
OOOOHHHHH, ebony dust!!! I wish I had some to fill the grain on my Grizzly kit to get a "Koa like" finish.

Nice? She's a frickin Saint!
......and she feeds him, washes his clothes, and not to mention all the other favours he used to enjoy when he was a strapping young lad. One of the most ingenious and resourcefull men on this board, and I think he deserves VIP status ! ;-) Three cheers for Mrs. Timbuck ! (behind every succesfull man there is a great woman)

Top Bottom