Uke eSongbook

beeejums

Reaction score
First real uke-related post in a while... Because I actually have something to share.

I've endeavored to make a usable PDF songbook for Kindle/Nook/Whatever users. I'm making it in MS word, and I've decided to post my works in progress in case anyone's interested.

I'm trying to leave out things like chord diagrams, using minimal space in the margins, making the font size for the lyrics larger than the chord markings, etc., but ended up putting silly pictures in anyway. I minored in "Technical Communication" in college, and spent a lot of time talking about "readability" and "usability" and how a document "flows," but my skillz have clearly atrophy'd. This is for anyone to do whatever they want with.

Also, this is a first draft of a work in progress. I just wanted to share before I lost interest and forgot I was working on it. :D

If you want to expand what I've done, though, upload what you come up with. I'm interested to see if this can be made to work.

Quick edit:
Does anybody know how to add a linked Table of Contents to a document? I'd like to add one. It'll come in handy as I add songs. I can't figure it out.

PDF:
http://www.box.net/shared/dxihm9qnf1

MS Word:
http://www.box.net/shared/ox9gf1kz2s

Last edited:
YES! Prince Buster on the Uke- never would have thought of it...now the neighbors are getting a treat!
Excellent stuff there.

YES! Prince Buster on the Uke- never would have thought of it...now the neighbors are getting a treat!
Excellent stuff there.

Thanks! The uke is great for ska.

I've got a few more pages started... I'll upload the next version soon.

You can make a linked table of contents that will work in MS Word, but it will not translate to a pdf.

Uploaded a new version. Added a couple of unformatted songs, formatted a couple of songs, removed my real name (hopefully) from the document.

Not that I mind anybody knowing what my real name is, but like any studious job hunter, I want to avoid it being posted all over the internetz.

Also, bump.

Is this interesting enough for me to keep publishing new versions, or will it quickly approach spam territory?

You can make a linked table of contents that will work in MS Word, but it will not translate to a pdf.

Do you know how to make a PDF with a linked TOC? I know it's possible, I just don't know how to do it.

Hi, I don't want to hi-jack your thread, I just want to add to it if I may.

Under my signature are links to my 4shared.com account where you will find
my 'Oldies' and 'Hawaiian' pdfs. Just click on the 'MP3' link and hopefully
you'll be able to select the other categories as well.

Most of the pdfs and the MP3s match up in the sense that what you hear
on the MP3s should be represented in the pdfs.

That's it, keep uke'in',

Edit: I wasn't able to find the PDFs you mentioned... Any chance you could post a direct link? Sorry... I found 4shared's interface a little confusing.

Hi, I don't want to hi-jack your thread, I just want to add to it if I may.

Under my signature are links to my 4shared.com account where you will find
my 'Oldies' and 'Hawaiian' pdfs. Just click on the 'MP3' link and hopefully
you'll be able to select the other categories as well.

Most of the pdfs and the MP3s match up in the sense that what you hear
on the MP3s should be represented in the pdfs.

That's it, keep uke'in',

Thanks! Downloading them now... I'll try them on my Kindle and see how it goes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom