A little thank you.

philpot

Reaction score
In the wake of a recently closed thread, I would like to extend my sincerest thanks to the UU staff.

Aldrine, without your online lessons I would have gotten NOWHERE. Tears In Heaven was the first "difficult" song I learned, and when I started I swore I would never get it down it was so dang hard. But you are a great teacher. You take the time to make what equates to personal, one on one teaching time, that normally people would pay obscene amounts of money for! I realize how much time it takes to just film ONE video of that quality, not to mention arrange the song and break it down into teachable form. For that, I am very grateful. I love learning from you, and you have taught me much more then I could have learned in this time on my own.

To all the mods as a blanket thanks, as someone who spends a lot of time on these, and other forums I KNOW how hard it is to control this number of people. I know how difficult it is to control spam, trolls, inappropriate content, useless instigators of arguments, etc. Your judgement in locking threads and dealing with haters makes these forums one of the cleanest and safest I've ever been on. The sheer amount of time you all volunteer to this is astounding, and we as a community are very grateful for that.

I for one will be glad to help in ANY way I can (not trying to restart an argument) GLADLY, whatever the "benefits" are. Thanks for reading.

WE LOVE YOU!

- Phil

+1.

Aldrine has been a regular source of inspiration for my own students, and Uke Minutes is always our first stop for breakdowns of advanced techniques.

Here, here! Thanks indeed - to those who work so hard to keep UU going & to all the many contributers who have taught me so much.

I'm going to tackle that "Tears in Heaven" tutorial tonight.

Here, here! Thanks indeed - to those who work so hard to keep UU going & to all the many contributers who have taught me so much.

I'm going to tackle that "Tears in Heaven" tutorial tonight.

I echo all of those words!! All of the UU staff are awesome people who want to share their love of the ukulele with others!!!

And we love you guys right back! Sorry about the mess earlier. People are entitled to their opinions and will say what's on their mind. I respect that.

But that won't take away the fact that I'm so grateful for everyone that has helped in anyway at all. You guys are the bestest. For realzies

I echo all of those words!! All of the UU staff are awesome people who want to share their love of the ukulele with others!!!
+1 for me too....thank your for all your hard work and dedication to make UU the best forum out ...nothing wrong with asking for donations, to support the site and you guys
should get some payment for all your do....nothings free these days, but I am happy that UU still is.....MM Stan

People are always asking me at my shop if I give lessons. I say, "Nope! But go to Ukulele Underground and look up Aldrine's tutorials. They will teach you everything you need to know and you can save your $ you would have spent on lessons!" UU saves people $, brings happiness, and brings people together as an ukulele community! I am grateful that it exists for myself and for ukulele players everywhere!

Ditto on the thank you's. You guys are awesome and appreciate the forum and lessons.

I can't tell you how much this site is doing for me. It's like having a private teacher that can answer all my questions, and not get mad no matter how many times I ask, or how long it takes to learn. Many many thanks.

Last edited:
Thanks from the bottom of my heart from me too!

I love UU! Never a day goes by where I don't visit this site and see what's up. Even if my enthusiasm for playing this wonderful instrument has sort of leveled out (as in, no more UAS for me), I love seeing people talk about their dream ukes, learning that next song, etc. And without a doubt, this is THE friendliest forum that I know of on the net. :)

Gotta give props here too- I am on here 3 or 4 times a day just snooping around, but when I really think about what I have learned (doing my own set-ups, building CBU's etc), yeah- this place is rad. I won't even go into the cool folks I have met here- amazing.

UU has been amazing for me. I know I am much of a quiet member but that doesn't mean I am not on this board every night after work to learn about an instrument I love. I have referred customers that I have sold ukes to at the music store I work at to this site with the preface that "anything you will ever need to know will be on this site and any questions you will ever need to be answered will be on this site." I also don't really know where I would be without Aldrine's video lessons, or the "ukulele bootcamp." It has been amazing here for the last couple of months and I will continue to love this board for its amazing people and its amazing cache of information.

Thank you for everything you do!

Yep - Aldrine's videos rock. I have learned a lot from them. I have not worked on "Tears in Heaven" as much as I should - when I first attempted the song it was beyond my skill level. Thanks to all the staff and mods for your hard work.

This place has been a massive lifeline for me through some average months. I have learnt much, particpated and read some fantastic discussions, had the opportunity to sell some instruments, find innumerable priceless links and resources, and been introduced to some of the loveliest people who have blessed me in so many ways. I am grateful to the guys here for running it. Without this place, my life would be much the poorer. Love and blessings to yas all. :)

I just want to echo what everyone else has said..without UU, I'd still be on two chord songs and I wouldn't know that strings need to settle after a change, I'd probably still only own Astrid! And I certainly wouldn't have the knowledge I have now, nor the great friends and people here that I've met! So thank you Aldrine, Rayan and Aaron as well as the other mods :D

This place has been a massive lifeline for me through some average months. I have learnt much, particpated and read some fantastic discussions, had the opportunity to sell some instruments, find innumerable priceless links and resources, and been introduced to some of the loveliest people who have blessed me in so many ways. I am grateful to the guys here for running it. Without this place, my life would be much the poorer. Love and blessings to yas all. :)

Yep, this.

yes UU is a fantastic and unique resource. I realy love the whole look of the site and the way it is done, the tutorials are wonderfully done too and always entertaining, I've recomended it to many people. Mahalo nui loa! :) :)

Um, what everyone else said.

UU has been such a great resource for me since I started playing. Thanks so much for all you guys do!

I'll always support the UU guys for getting me started with the Uke and helping me get to where I am. I also have good memories of making the long drive down from LA to San Diego to meet that cool A.G. guy with my wife for the first time; I'll always remember that day as it was the day I found out my wife was pregnant with my 1 year old son.

Top Bottom