Solid Acacia sound sample

Tudorp

Big guy with a lil' uke..
UU VIP
Reaction score
Here is a sound sample of the Acacia concert I been working on. It will be available to ship in a couple days. It is ready now, but I still want to play it for a couple days to let the strings settle and to be sure it is setup nicely. Don't get in a hurry to buy this one, because I want to scratch it up some more so I will have to keep it, hahhah..

Sound clip is processing, and will be up in a few minutes, so check back in a few if it isn't up yet.

Wow! I have a KPK from Acecia and I wish I could make her sound like this! What strings does it have?

Wow! I have a KPK from Acecia and I wish I could make her sound like this! What strings does it have?

I did some custom setup on it. I like to adjust the action to my liking, some bridge and nut work to let the strings ring a bit nicer, and set up with Aquilas. This one has soprano nylguts instead of concert. I am not really sure there is any differnce in the diameter of the soprano vs the concert aquilas, but I wanted to see if there was.. Still not sure, they might be the same, but they are marked differently in the package. Anyone know of any differnce between the soprano/concert nylguts?

How ya feelin J-Bug, nice to see ya back..

BTW: Acacia isn't the brand of the Uke. It's the species of wood. Acacia is the species family name which includes Australian Blackwood and Asian & Hawaiian Koa.

How ya feelin J-Bug, nice to see ya back..

I have Worth browns on my KPK, never tried Aquila and I like the sound the WB give her, but may have to do some Aquila on my next string change.

I am feeling a WHOLE lot better today, about to go for a little nap because I'm still a bit weak, but I've done 3/4 of my essay, a blog post, set myself some goals and a challenge and the DU for today, I couldn't have done ANY of that just two days ago!

Um Tudorp? I am in love with this uke... great job. Seriously.

Um Tudorp? I am in love with this uke... great job. Seriously.

<running into the bedroom and grabbing my salesman hat> What will it take to get you into this uke today? lol Or, what's another pitch? uh.. yeah, "You look great in this Uke..." and, let's see, "It brings out the color of your eyes.. " lol..

Seriously, it is a nice one, but like I said yesterday, I won't be upset if this one doesn't sell, (but don't tell my bride I said that.. )

BTW: believe it or not, I wasn't playing this very hard, actually softer than I normally play because I don't want to ding it up (anymore). It has really nice volume and fullness...

Last edited:
<running into the bedroom and grabbing my salesman hat> What will it take to get you into this uke today? lol Or, what's another pitch? uh.. yeah, "You look great in this Uke..." and, let's see, "It brings out the color of your eyes.. " lol..

Seriously, it is a nice one, but like I said yesterday, I won't be upset if this one doesn't sell, (but don't tell my bride I said that.. )

BTW: believe it or not, I wasn't playing this very hard, actually softer than I normally play because I don't want to ding it up (anymore). It has really nice volume and fullness...

Hehe, I'd keep it if I were you! It sounds like you really like it. And it is a very nice uke... but I don't need to buy another uke.

Sounds really nice, Tony. I'm a little over-uked at the moment (I just bought a Kamaka tenor and I'm already wondering if I should get a KoAloha) but I'm a sucker for acacia and that uke sounds really purdy.

Top Bottom