Help !!!!

Moore Bettah Ukuleles

Reaction score
Whether you are a novice or an expert, if you've ever gotten any help on this forum or found it to be the least valuable, STOP and think for a moment if you couldn't come here with your questions and problems. Think about if this forum didn't exist for you to log onto daily just to talk story and compare notes. UU has become a daily habit for me for almost five years and you guys are with me daily in my shop as I check in with you and find out what you're up to. I've come to enjoy it and I've come to expect it to be here. And I feel that through this forum we have become more connected as a builder's group and I think we're all the better for it.
I rarely visit other boards on this forum but if you take a minute to do so you will notice that there is a dire need for your support. There's a great group of young folks on Kauai who started this thing, who maintain it and keep it going. I'm sure when they conceived of this forum they had no idea how HUGE it would become. They are probably the only people I know that work longer hours than I do. I encourage you all to go over to the Uke Talk board, find out what's going on and help out if you can. If you can't contribute financially, give a shout out of gratitude and appreciation to the UU staff. We need this community and we need to make sure it continues. There is NOTHING else like it on the Internet.

Mahalo nui loa, Chuck

Whether you are a novice or an expert, if you've ever gotten any help on this forum or found it to be the least valuable, STOP and think for a moment if you couldn't come here with your questions and problems. Think about if this forum didn't exist for you to log onto daily just to talk story and compare notes. UU has become a daily habit for me for almost five years and you guys are with me daily in my shop as I check in with you and find out what you're up to. I've come to enjoy it and I've come to expect it to be here. And I feel that through this forum we have become more connected as a builder's group and I think we're all the better for it.
I rarely visit other boards on this forum but if you take a minute to do so you will notice that there is a dire need for your support. There's a great group of young folks on Kauai who started this thing, who maintain it and keep it going. I'm sure when they conceived of this forum they had no idea how HUGE it would become. They are probably the only people I know that work longer hours than I do. I encourage you all to go over to the Uke Talk board, find out what's going on and help out if you can. If you can't contribute financially, give a shout out of gratitude and appreciation to the UU staff. We need this community and we need to make sure it continues. There is NOTHING else like it on the Internet.

Mahalo nui loa, Chuck

Well said Chuck. I feel the same way you do. I would really miss UU if it went away.
They have my grateful support!

–Lori

I totally agree with you chuck. I have been here from the start . And this forum has been a daily part of my life for years. Even with money as tight as it is for a lot of us any thing helps.

Well said. Thanks UU for all your hard work.

Aloha Chuck,
My sentiments absoultely...support UU .....they need our Kokua(HELP) now... if you can....Mahalo Nui... MM Stan

I only posted this here because I almost never visit other sections of this forum and I had no idea that support was needed or encouraged. I've been a member for almost five years and I can count on one hand the number of times I've been on the UU main page. So I admit to having been in the dark. We seem to be in a world of our own over here in the Lounge.
It would be a sad day if I ever went to log on and found a dead bookmark. That's not as unlikely of an event as we'd like to think. No offense to the others, but Cosmos, FFM, and the like do not offer the content that this forum does. Any question you've got can, and has been answered here. I wonder how many people on this board alone would be building on the level they are without all of the advice and help they've gotten here.
Stepping down from my soap box now........

Last edited:
I only posted this here because I almost never visit other sections of this forum and I had no idea that support was needed or encouraged. I've been a member for almost five years and I can count on one hand the number of times I've been on the UU main page. So I admit to having been in the dark. We seem to be in a world of our own over here in the Lounge.
It would be a sad day if I ever went to log on and found a dead bookmark. That's not as unlikely of an event as we'd like to think. No offense to the others, but Cosmos, FFM, and the like do not offer the content that this forum does. Any question you've got can, and has been answered here. I wonder how many people on this board alone would be building on the level they are without all of the advice and help they've gotten here.
Stepping down from my soap box now........

Nah -- stay on the box. You only say things we all need to hear. My ukulele journey would not have been as long or as rich without UU. I'd still probably be strumming along. I am starting to have some good skills. It's ALL because of UU. I would not have the most beautiful ukulele on the face of the earth without UU. I can go on and on. Supporting this place is essential. Everyone should have this opportunity.

p.s. Just hit new posts when you log on everyday. It'll take you all over the site -- Which is always good.

Last edited:
p.s. Just hit new posts when you log on everyday. It'll take you all over the site -- Which is always good.

I'm aware of the other parts of this forum, but it's just a matter of how I manage my time. I spend a couple of hours a day privately helping and advising other people off-forum. Then I have the visitors to the shop, which are always welcome but do take up time. I keep a computer in the shop so I am frequently checking in with the Luthiers Lounge. And I'm still trying to build a few ukes at the same time. I think there are a lot of people like me on this board who's primary interest in in building these things and they don't visit elsewhere. I thought by posting here I could enlighten others about what's going on in the background. There are tons of guitar building forums on the Internet but no ukulele-specific ones like this.
Maybe I've gotten too old and it's simply a sign of the times where people EXPECT everything for free. I can remember not that long ago, when I wanted to learn anything it required a trip to the library. When that proved futile, it often required a trip to the "main" library where hopefully the book you wanted was in or the reference material you needed was up to date. Now, anything you want to know is within a few keystrokes. That's awesome and I value that! I support anything I value and hold dearly. That includes the UU forum and all the life-long friends I've made here, including you Sukie.

Chuck, stay on da box, you sir, are an invaluable asset to the Luthier's Lounge/Ukulele Building Forum . . . Moorebettah No Ka Oi!

Thanks very much Chuck, I have been following the events for the last couple of days and have been greatly dismayed. I think the VIP plan is a fine idea and will be joining it in a few days.

Brad

I'm aware of the other parts of this forum, .

I know. :-) I see you around. Just giving you sh*t!

Because you luthiers usually stay in your lounge I like to pop in there to see what's up. You guys are way busier than I am. There is some awesome work going on and it's fun to see what you all have to share. I learn about the physical part of the instruments themselves. They are beautiful.

Back atcha, Chuck!

Chuck, very well stated. Although I have only been on the Forum since last November, it has helped me in plenty of ways and introduced me to some great folks. Long live the UU.

Thanks for this thread Chuck. May not have become aware otherwise.
As has been said, the information and insight from this forum has been invaluable.....not to mention the entertainment value.
Fred

Top Bottom