New uke day!

GX9901

Reaction score
There's a new Mya-Moe strung up almost every day, so I'm sure many other have received theirs recently or are about to receive one. I received mine today and I'm very pleased with it. I think it looks great and hopefully with a bit of playing time, it will open up a little and sound perfect. Gordon and Char run a first rate operation and I highly recommend them.

Pics:

Front
DSC04399.JPG

Back
DSC04402.JPG

Side
DSC04403.JPG

Hanging out with a couple of other concerts
DSC04392.JPG

pardon the ignorance George, but is that master grade myrtle?

Last edited:
Glad it got there safely. Quite lovely. Anxious for your review and video. It'll open up sooner than you think with a bit of playing

Gorgeous. Play it in good health.

Sahweeet George. You say that it needs to open up a bit (as all new ukes do.) Is it a little on the quiet side?

Very nice-Congrats! That headstock is too cool...

Sweet. It was pretty cool seeing the process of your uke being made using the shop tracker - you had mentioned its number in another thread. Glad to see that it arrived safely. Enjoy. What do you think of it so far?

Is that concert sized or "longneck soprano"?? It doesn't seem to have fret markers & I can't tell the scale length from the photos.

And... yet more proof that I NEED a Mya-Moe! Simply beautiful.

Wow! But that Collings uke sitting next to the mya moe in the picture is double wow!

Sahweeet George. You say that it needs to open up a bit (as all new ukes do.) Is it a little on the quiet side?

It's not so much quiet as feeling a bit "tight sounding", if that makes any sense. Feels like it could sound more open, at least compared to the two other ukes pictured on the first post. Those two are some serious ukes though, so maybe I'm expecting too much off the bat.

Sweet. It was pretty cool seeing the process of your uke being made using the shop tracker - you had mentioned its number in another thread. Glad to see that it arrived safely. Enjoy. What do you think of it so far?

I wrote a blog post on my initial thoughts of this ukulele. Check it out if interested here. I'm very happy with it.

Is that concert sized or "longneck soprano"?? It doesn't seem to have fret markers & I can't tell the scale length from the photos.

And... yet more proof that I NEED a Mya-Moe! Simply beautiful.

It's a regular concert joined at the 14th fret with a wide 1.5" nut. I deleted the fret markers so it makes me look like an expert player. Haha! Well, maybe not, as it does have side dots to help with locating fret positions. I just like the clean look of a marker-less fretboard. Did the same thing with the William King.

I don't even know you and I'm gonna say it.

YOU SUCK!

That's gorgeous!

Top Bottom