I need help with the serach function, please.

UkulelePurl

Reaction score
So, I want to find posts about gut strings. If I search "gut strings", I get a LOT of results, and what is turning up over and over, is the "strings" in those posts.

If I try to search "gut", it tells me that the word is too short to search.

Is there a better way to refine this, or do I just need to get a big cup of coffee and wade through the plethora of "strings"?

Mahalo! - M. :eek:

So, I want to find posts about gut strings. If I search "gut strings", I get a LOT of results, and what is turning up over and over, is the "strings" in those posts.

If I try to search "gut", it tells me that the word is too short to search.

Is there a better way to refine this, or do I just need to get a big cup of coffee and wade through the plethora of "strings"?

Mahalo! - M. :eek:

I find that for most forums I belong to the Google Search is much better than what comes with the forum software. To search only this forum go to www.google.com and in the search box type

"your search words" site:ukuleleunderground.com

without the quotation marks.

Type Aquila Nygut strings.. or google http://www.aquilausa.com/uke_strings.html not sure if they got true gut , but they have nygut which is a compound string.
I hope it helps..Happy Strummings..Ukulelepurl, M
Welcome To the UU forums and have fun and enjoy!! MM Stan

Last edited:
I find that for most forums I belong to the Google Search is much better than what comes with the forum software. To search only this forum go to www.google.com and in the search box type

"your search words" site:ukuleleunderground.com

without the quotation marks.

Great, thanks! I'll give that a try. :)

Type Aquila Nygut strings.. or google http://www.aquilausa.com/uke_strings.html not sure if they got true gut , but they have nygut which is a compound string.
I hope it helps..Happy Strummings..Ukulelepurl, M
Welcome To the UU forums and have fun and enjoy!! MM Stan

They do have true gut, I just purchased some with an order of strings. What I'm looking for now, is how best to handle and/or care for them, because I have zero experience with gut.

Mahalo - M. :)

Top Bottom