Good report

Tudorp

Big guy with a lil' uke..
UU VIP
Reaction score
My 1st uke shipped made it to it's new home in Hawaii. Just heard from it's new owner and he is VERY pleased with my work on it. He said it plays and sounds beautiful. I am flattered, and glad that someone else now will appreciate my work instead of just myself, lol.. I have never done work for someone else's instrument until now, so, I am happy about it..

Congratulations! I suppose we can never have enough trustworthy and reliable people selling ukuleles online!

Thanks.. This being #1, I was kind of nervous because I have always done my own work, or work for someone just because, never paid for it, so I wasn't sure it would be appreciated. I set them up how I like them to my specs, and just the unknown if it would be appreciated was kind of un-nerving. I guess that's why I never wanted to do it for payment, lol..

I am really excited for you Tudorp. I think your stuff is unique enough, especially if you get a long neck soprano, that this venture may just work! Congrat's and I am still thinking. I love the concerts. Kinda want a maple. Anyway, very happy for you and you did a great job sending out info, getting idea's, accepting feedback, etc....I wish you luck!!!

I am really excited for you Tudorp. I think your stuff is unique enough, especially if you get a long neck soprano, that this venture may just work! Congrat's and I am still thinking. I love the concerts. Kinda want a maple. Anyway, very happy for you and you did a great job sending out info, getting idea's, accepting feedback, etc....I wish you luck!!!

Thanks... As a matter of fact, the builder is wanting to build them to my specs, and one being a soprano body/concert neck. He can not commit just yet, because he is in the middle of finishing up some older projects, but he says sometime in June, he wants to talk more detail about my ukes. I am planning on having all mine with my headstock/logo design, MOP/Abalone rosettes, and markers. The few I designed look really nice, pretty but subtle and elegant on the inlay and not overdone. I am kind of excited about it. I am planning so far to have them all Mahogany, Acacia, & Curly Maple, but thinking the curly maple will be only on the tenors. Might consider some tiger wood later too though.

And pretty soon, you can have a second, second career setting up ukuleles for hopeless folks like me! (Still haven't gotten anywhere with the Republic or the Les Paul, other than rounding off the corners on the Epiphone's nut...)

We can talk payment later, when you have the time to do it. (g)

-Kurt

Thats so awesome Tony.. So happy for you! So many great things in your life!

Kurt.. if you want a good luther and don't want to go on a road trip.. let me know I know a good one..

Aloha Bruddah Tudorp,
Glad you found something you love to do and it is with ukes..congratulations, I'm so happy for you!!...Have fun and enjoy....MM Stan
Awww shucks it didn't arrive at my house....

Praying this works out well for you Tudorp. Happy for you. I can see you feel good about it......feeling good is a good thing !!!!!!!!!

Congrats! I'm sure this is only the 1st sale of many. Good customer service goes a LONG way these days!

Good luck with your venture! :)

Top Bottom