medium-end soprano uke pickup suggestions (other than the dean markley)

revo11

Reaction score
I'd like to add a pickup to my Hamano soprano. I tried the standard dean markley piece-of-gum thing that always gets recommended and to be honest I didn't like it.

First of all, on my tiny soprano, it's pretty bulky with the chord. When I take it off, it leaves gum residue. Also the frequency spectrum it emits sounds somewhat unpleasant and harsh to my ears, especially when I chain it through a few effects.

Can someone recommend a pickup system that's a step up from that? I'd prefer not to spend too much more than 100, maybe up to 150 if there's something out there that will blow my socks off...

I'm looking for something that sounds good when it's plain amplified, but I also mess around with some more experimental stuff with effects and whatnot. Ideally I would like something that doesn't require a bulky chord dangling off my ultraportable soprano all the time.

Try "pick up of the world" I've never used them for the Ukulele, but I do know they make ukulele pickups and they sound phenomenal on guitar.

Aloha Revo11,
welcome to the UU and our forums ...have fun and enjoy...a stick on pick up?? sorry don't know any....but have you looked at the MiSi....good luck, MM Stan

Top Bottom