PDA

View Full Version : Uke Shops in Hawaii

albertmunoz
07-29-2008, 06:06 PM
Hello,

My girlfriends mom (AKA the defacto inlaw) is headed to Hawaii on holidays in a few weeks and one of the things she want to get while there is a uke for the grandaughter (she has long outgrown her current piece of crap uke). The defacto-inlaw is really good with instruments (pretty much knows everything there is to know about music and instruments), so she has a good eye and once she is in the right place I know she will make a very good buy. The whole family is extremely musical, everyone in there plays at least half a dozen instruments, the grandaughter currently has a school scholarship for playing the flute :rock:.

The one thing she inlaw doesnt know is where to go in Hawaii, any suggestions? Does Music Guy Mic have a retail storefront of some kind?

I am assuming she will be flying into Honolulu, but Im not sure whether she will be going to other islands.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

dnewton2
07-30-2008, 02:57 AM
Check here. (http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=948) I think there have been other threads about this also, but not sure, try the search function.

MGM, from what I understand, does not have a store but if you contact him you can set up a time to meet up with him at his warehouse or where ever he works and see all his ukes in person.

upskydowncloud
07-30-2008, 12:23 PM
hey if she goes to Kauai tell her to check out Scotty's music (808-332-0090) or Bounty Music at (808) 823-8000. I got my first uke at Scotty's and they seemed to know their stuff and had a good selection. However the guy that sold me mine thought China was an island.