Uke Shops in Hawaii

albertmunoz

Reaction score
Hello,

My girlfriends mom (AKA the defacto inlaw) is headed to Hawaii on holidays in a few weeks and one of the things she want to get while there is a uke for the grandaughter (she has long outgrown her current piece of crap uke). The defacto-inlaw is really good with instruments (pretty much knows everything there is to know about music and instruments), so she has a good eye and once she is in the right place I know she will make a very good buy. The whole family is extremely musical, everyone in there plays at least half a dozen instruments, the grandaughter currently has a school scholarship for playing the flute :rock:.

The one thing she inlaw doesnt know is where to go in Hawaii, any suggestions? Does Music Guy Mic have a retail storefront of some kind?

I am assuming she will be flying into Honolulu, but Im not sure whether she will be going to other islands.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Check here. I think there have been other threads about this also, but not sure, try the search function.

MGM, from what I understand, does not have a store but if you contact him you can set up a time to meet up with him at his warehouse or where ever he works and see all his ukes in person.

hey if she goes to Kauai tell her to check out Scotty's music (808-332-0090) or Bounty Music at (808) 823-8000. I got my first uke at Scotty's and they seemed to know their stuff and had a good selection. However the guy that sold me mine thought China was an island.

Top Bottom