Daily Ukulele April 28th 2011

joeybug

Reaction score
Good morning!

I'm just about to head back to bed for a little nap before doing some uni work, so I thought I would get this out of the way!

So here's todays!

Page Number: 236
Song: There Is A Tavern In The Town

Inspiration:

No Ukulele video, but a very old song! Maybe Eugene can add some history?

Enjoy :music:

I have never heard this one, in the matter of fact, I have never noticed it in my book either... It's amazing how many songs are on that book..
Thanks for sharing Joey... I really enjoy being exposed to this new music..

I went googling for some history on the song, and found an entry for it on Mudcat: http://www.mudcat.org/thread.cfm?threadid=13314
It includes other verses as well.

I wish I could find the verses I sang in elementary school of a Halloween version of this song. It started with "There is a haunted house in town (in the town)/ And all the walls are tumbling down (tumbling down)" and the chorus had "Oh the bats and cats and witches keep the skeletons in stitches/ as they drink their spider cider in the haunted house/they're there, they're there, they're really there (really there)/watch out, be careful, oh beware" but I can't remember the rest!

Wow! That was one of the first songs I learned to play on the clarinet in elementary school! A solid pick, although I was hoping the randomizer would pick something more appropriate for the royal wedding. :)

Wow! That was one of the first songs I learned to play on the clarinet in elementary school! A solid pick, although I was hoping the randomizer would pick something more appropriate for the royal wedding. :)

Royal Wedding is today and I have a song in mind! May do it without the randomiser!

Top Bottom