PDA

View Full Version : Equal Opportunity UAS

PhilUSAFRet
04-28-2011, 08:38 AM
Bought my Cordoba right after Christmas, told my wife that would hold me for a while, then I bought the Grizzly Kit, said that was for uke building experience, buuuuuuutttttt, have had a busy week.

Ebay: Bought a Pono MCD E with Ko'olau case

UU: Bought a Koloa mahogany baritone with case for a Birthday gift for my son.

Fleamarket: Bought that Mele mahogany soprano with case.

All for about the list price of the Pono. Once again I told my wife this will hold me for a looooooonnnnnngggg time. Please pray for me that it does! :rolleyes:

Maiyah888
04-28-2011, 09:34 AM
*clicks lighter*

Welcome, Phil, to Uke-a-holic Recovery.

I've committed myself and the ukes to community service to help me regain a sense of balance.

P.S. Pics or it didn't happen!

Teek
04-28-2011, 09:37 AM
Congrats! They should last until you get UpGradeItis.

I prefer to buy used on most ukes too. One thing I learned was that I really enjoy the higher end ukes, but that they don't give me any more talent, lol!

PhilUSAFRet
04-28-2011, 11:20 AM
Congrats! They should last until you get UpGradeItis.

I prefer to buy used on most ukes too. One thing I learned was that I really enjoy the higher end ukes, but that they don't give me any more talent, lol!

I tell myself I deserve "decent" ukes, but the high end one I have to "earn" by learning how to play well enough to "deserve" one. No excuses now.

rem50
04-28-2011, 11:22 AM
You are asking US for help? You are so funny! We are all just like you! Ha!

Maiyah888
04-28-2011, 12:10 PM
^ inorite?

mr moonlight
04-28-2011, 07:21 PM
You are asking US for help? You are so funny! We are all just like you! Ha!

No, I think he just wants validation that it'll all be okay!!!!! Don't worry, with all the uke's you just bought for yourself and "em, cough * cough" members of your family, you should be good for at least a week before you start feeling the need for another. So far I've averaged one a month since I started playing. Fortunately I've so far only been playing for 3 months!

...Yeah, I've already started looking for my next one.