Guitar for sale - Martin 000-15s hog top, slot head 12 fretter

LoMa

Reaction score
Martin 000-15s mahogany top guitar (it's actually sapele, very similar in tone to mahogany) with 12 frets to the body and a slotted headstock - very cool instrument, that's a fine fingerpicker and a great flatpicker too. All solid woods. Rosewood fretboard and bridge, herringbone decal rosette, tortoise pickguard, but no binding on top or back. Hand polished to a soft sheen by its former owner. However, there is no Martin logo decal on the headstock - there's no sign that there ever was one, but I suspect the original owner must have removed it when he buffed out the finish. I am the second owner of this guitar.

It's got a 1-3/4" wide nut, 2-1/4" string spread at the saddle, and a full length 25.4" scale - very comfortable to play guitar, especially with the 12 fret neck. The body shape of the Martin 12 fretters is somewhat elongated as compared to the same size 14 fretters, and so the 12 fretters have increased volume and bass response. This guitar has a big bass response, strong forward mid-tones. It is a dry, woody, dark toned guitar with strong fundamentals. Very responsive isntrument.

This guitar is from 2006, and has Martin gold sealed tuners, and the original Martin case (flat lid) with the original paperwork. It has been polished to a lovely sheen. Unlike most Martin 12 fret necks, this has a comfortable low oval shape, rather than a V.

The guitar has been professionally set up for a low action. The bridge has been professionally slotted and the original slotted bridge pins are turned 90 degrees. The action is set up with lights to 3/32" & 2/32" at
the 12th fret (measured on the low E and high E strings) for fingerstyle,
but it flatpicks very nicely as well. This low action is what I have all
my guitars set up to.

Excellent playability, set up for fingerpicking, but can be moderately strummed and flatpicked too. Currently strung with Martin SP 4100 lights. Warm fundamental hog top tone, with a an amazing bass response.

Comes from a smoke-free home with the original hardshell case.

$775 shipped to the USA lower 48.

I will post photos tonight.

Okay, here are the photos! Lemme know if you have any questions!

Attachments

• Martin-000-15s-back.jpg
    Martin-000-15s-back.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 53
  • Martin-000-15s-back-close.jpg
    Martin-000-15s-back-close.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 45
  • Martin-000-15s-label.jpg
    Martin-000-15s-label.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 50
  • Martin-000-15s-top.jpg
    Martin-000-15s-top.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 66
  • Martin-000-15s-front.jpg
    Martin-000-15s-front.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 81
I wish the original owner hadn't buffed the finish. :(

And it does look like he buffed-off the headstock logo. Can you find the serial number?

Last edited:
Just a note on the lack of headstock logo...

I have a Martin parlor guitar that has no headstock logo. Mine is a prototype, and has been authenticated by Martin techs. I just wanted to throw that out there.

Thats really a sweet guitar. As an owner of a 000-15S, these are truly great guitars. I too have a 2006 model, all hog. I took off the pickguard and polished it up a bit, bone saddle. It is my go-to guitar, to me it really rocks playing the blues fingerstyle.

Good luck on the sale, thats a good deal price wise, these are getting harder to find.

This is churlish of me to say so but this is a UKULELE forum. The title of this section of the forum is UKULELE MARKETPLACE. There are a thousand and one guitar sites and forums and marketplaces, so why not try there instead?

This is churlish of me to say so but this is a UKULELE forum. The title of this section of the forum is UKULELE MARKETPLACE. There are a thousand and one guitar sites and forums and marketplaces, so why not try there instead?

Don;t mean to offend anyone, but there is also a guitar discussion area on this forum, which is why I advertised this guitar here.
Some of us travel on the dark side too... 8=]

Don;t mean to offend anyone, but there is also a guitar discussion area on this forum, which is why I advertised this guitar here.
Some of us travel on the dark side too... 8=]

Not offended, just being pedantic. I would suggest trying a guitar site as you will have a better chance of finding a buyer and might get a keener price too. Try http://theunofficialmartinguitarforum.yuku.com/forums/23 , this seems to be the place to go for all things Martin related.

Top Bottom