Customer Service Sticky Thread?

luvdat

Reaction score
When someone has an issue with customer service for any given dealer consider:

1. first contacting that specific dealer before "running it by" the forum.

2. If a customer service issue emerges as a possible "grievance" consider awaiting the outcome before posting on the forum.

3. There is no need to render a Twitter-like narrative step-by-step of the resolution of a particular concern.

4. There is no need to render a diary-like summation of one's emotional life during the handling of a customer service concern.

5. There is no need to alternatively complain and then extol any particular dealer in the same posts on the forum NOR express an understanding of contributing situational factors and then act and speak in a manner contrary to this understanding NOR report minor errors in a manner which reveals they are already regarded by yourself as minor NOR because of anxiety report anticipated concerns and problems PRIOR to actually speaking to a customer service representative or the original dealer.

Indeed, there are dealers and uke companies that are and have been CONSISTENTLY poor in customer service. Isn't that a different story?

While many may be new to ukuleles or maybe to ordering online? how many are new to adult life?

In short, value your own actions more than your own emotions, posted words and the imagined "support" of forum members from whom you did not make the original purchase.

Last edited:
Aloha Luvdatuke,
Long time no hear man.....Hope all is well with you...I agree with you 100%...what purpose would that be serving discussing it on the forum...it will enrage the dealer and be non productive for
you even more. Why the negative connation by addressing publically, one would think it would degrade your relations with the dealer even worse and do more harm...especially if the dealer addressed
that he was having problems with his business and health....and has a very good track record on his reputation and customer service...I have read this is not helping him emotionally and healthwise.
Please try to continue to contact him priviately, he left a new number in the Uke talk section...and be patient and have a heart...if you were in the same position, would you want the same treatment.... Show Some Aloha!! Mahalo for your Kokua.....MM Stan

Good one. This could also serve as a warning to any new folks here, I remember more than one thread when someone started a "complaint" thread before contacting the dealer and they were nearly crucified for it by other members here.

This does not simply apply to MGM (and BTW I've never even purchased a uke from him but he gave me some good advice over the phone) but to ALL these "every crack in the road" posts even when they attempt to prove one's level of being compassionate and understanding.

IMO, what underlies this behavior is an illusion in the uke community that "ukers are the the nicest, most wonderful people on earth" and that "mean people" are right around the corner. This illusion also fuels what Deach rightly referred to as "the recent hatred"...where "I am a spiritually elevated person" who has the right now to trash you because you are "bad." Frankly I think it may be time for the uke community to go beyond that illusion and simply make it about sharing the uke and music.

Top Bottom