Blues

Fred Miu

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
anybody want to help me play some blues? Aldrine made me watch Crossroads, with Ralph Macchio from Karate Kid, and i just want to play blues now. im determined to try to learn it on the uke.

might not be possible on the ukulele, but i wanted to try it.

facemeltingukulele

One of our members has a myspace page you should have a look at. He has some blues style tunes there that I thought were really good, and I was waiting for a chance to give him props. Look at facemeltingukulele from the members list for the myspace page.

One of our members has a myspace page you should have a look at. He has some blues style tunes there that I thought were really good, and I was waiting for a chance to give him props. Look at facemeltingukulele from the members list for the myspace page.

thanks, i shall check it out

and grappler. we will learn together

The best way to learn is to buy/download/borrow some blues music and copy it.

There are all types of blues music though, so there is a lot out there to sort through.

Ry Cooder was the guitarist playing the blues parts for Ralph in Crossroads so you might want to check out some of his earlier stuff. (Steve Vai was the one playing the metal/classical parts.)

As tori said, Facemelting uke plays kinda bluesy.
http://www.youtube.com/user/facemeltingukulele

blues on the uke, worth a try!

Are you kiddin'? The Uke was born for the Blues. I-IV-V changes are easy as hell in any key. I write a ton of blues songs in C or F, which allows you to play all kind of cool pull-off licks on the open strings.

Are you kiddin'? The Uke was born for the Blues. I-IV-V changes are easy as hell in any key. I write a ton of blues songs in C or F, which allows you to play all kind of cool pull-off licks on the open strings.

THROW ME AN IM!!!!!!! we must talk haha

Rigk Sauer, creator of RISA Musical Instruments has some Blues Video Workshops on Youtube. Here is the first one. This will get you going. Then check out the second one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13FPL5cYMGM&feature=user

I also have a tab of Gerald Ross' Aboriginal Blue on my site that you can try after that.
http://dominator.ukeland.com/Images/aboriginal_blue.pdf

I agree, I've caught a few of the Rigk Sauer workshops and I feel they are worth checking out. Rigk is a good teacher and brings a lot to the table. As a side note, when I watch the workshops, I feel I am watching Alec Baldwin as Rigk is a dead ringer for Alec.

Blues for uke

The uke was built for blues! I'm actually in the process of recording a blues tune I wrote, it should be up on my myspace page shortly (www.myspace.com/jasonarimoto) and hopefully I'll have time to put up some more youtube vids. And much mahalos for bringing my name up in this thread! I didn't know anyone was actually watching my vids!

The uke was built for blues! I'm actually in the process of recording a blues tune I wrote, it should be up on my myspace page shortly (www.myspace.com/jasonarimoto) and hopefully I'll have time to put up some more youtube vids. And much mahalos for bringing my name up in this thread! I didn't know anyone was actually watching my vids!

ya i saw your youtube video! it was great man.

Thanks!

Thanks, glad you liked it! I'm thinking about putting up some uke blues tutorials one of these days since it seems like people are interested. I've been experimenting with blues uke for a while now and I've picked up a few tricks for the uke that may be of interest to folks here.

Last edited:
Thanks, glad you liked it! I'm thinking about putting up some uke blues tutorials one of these days since it seems like people are interested. I've been experimenting with blues uke for a while now and I've picked up a few tricks for the uke that may be of interest to folks here.

count me in! i'd love to learn some blues stuff for uke!

Me too!

Man I just sat in a workshop with Del Rey at the Colorado Uke Fest this weekend. Her set at the show was amazing. Man, that chick rocks the Ukein' Blues like no one else.

BLUES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! O wow, I just watched some of the videos. I want to learn blues too!

BTW,
Facemeltingukele, your video was great.

Top Bottom